Hi, folks. I take vitamin supplements occasionally, but my friend has recently warned me about possible hypervitaminosis. I must admit that I don't know what hypervitaminosis is. I would really appreciate if someone could explain me what it is. I will appreciate your help. Thanks in advance. It will mean a lot to me.

Hello, there. Hypervitaminosis is a syndrome caused by excessive doses of vitamins. They accumulate in the body and have various undesirable effects. This is mostly valid for fat-soluble vitamins. Water-soluble vitamins rarely cause hypervitaminosis. The symptoms can be acute and chronic. Effects can be mild, but on the other hand they can be serious as well. In most cases, hypervitaminosis can't cause death, except vitamin K overdose with infants. Some experts claim that megadoses of vitamin C can cause cancer, but that is not verified yet as far as I know. I hope I've helped you with my reply. Bye!