After running I drink a glass of Endurox R4. It provides lots of anitoxidants to help with recovery.
vitamin C 470mg 780% RDA
Vitamin E 400 I.U. 1330% RDA

Now, if later in that day I have a bowl of Kelloggs Smart Start which has the following
Vitamin C 15mg 25% RDA
Vitamin E 30 I.U. 100% RDA

I'm I getting too much of these??? I am not so concerned about the Vitamin C as I am the Vitamin E.

I don't know if the Endurox R4 is just psychological or not but I do think it helps me the next day and decrease soreness.

The book I have at home on nutrition for endurance athletes, the author suggests high doses of the anti-oxidants Vitamins C and E.

I've tried the advice myself and find that it does help releave the muscle soreness from day to day. I can't remember the doses that I take, but they're pretty high.

I haven't tried Endurox, it's a little too pricey for me.

I am using Endurox only after long workouts or swimming and going straight to work. (Trying to save $) At home I usually have milk (carbs and protein) and C and E vitiam, then eat after I get a shower.

There are no known toxicity symptoms for either of these vitamins, so no worries about the amounts you are ingesting. Now that I think about it, I'm not sure you can get a toxicity of any vitamin or mineral from food alone, you pretty much have to be taking supplements for that to happen. (Except if you eat polar bear liver...there is enough vitamin D in that to make your soft tissues calcify. So don't eat that!) And the supplements have to be above and beyond your typical One A Day. Anyway, my point is that you don't really have to worry about overdoing vitamins and minerals, especially the ones you mentioned.

An interesting side note (well, interesting to me anyway) is that if you regularly take megadoses of Vitamin C and then stop, (but still get the RDA) you can actually have deficiency symptoms. (The doses are super high, like in the 10,000 mg per day range, I think. sorry don't remember the numbers on that, it is just a weird factoid I pulled from the recesses of my brain)

...(Except if you eat polar bear liver...there is enough vitamin D in that to make your soft tissues calcify. So don't eat that!)

Thanks for the info... And I will try to stay away from polar bear liver, although it is one of my favorites.

Edit to fix my suckiness...

from what i understand , greg and my brother is a pharmacist

he said tthat any excess will just pass through anyway...
and it is better to spread stuff through out the day
and it also depends on the fortification type

most of the chemically created ones do not absorb as well so nutrition is a lot less then advertised.
for the more naturally recurring one....much better absorptions
also depends on the method of delivery
i think the formula and cereal are much better than pills

NOT POSSIBLE.

YOUR body needs lots, whatever it doesn't use, it will just pee and poo out :)