A friend of mine told me that only with brain drugs and antibiotics I must avoid alcohol. He also said that alcohol could be used with all other drugs, prescribed or not. I am not so sure about this so I need help. Is it safe to drink alcohol while using indomethacin?

There is a possibility for indomethacin to use drowsiness or dizziness. If you drink alcohol while using indomethacin, these actions may be amplified. Besides, use of alcohol during indomethacin therapy may increase the risk of stomach irritation and bleeding. My advice is not to use alcohol and indomethacin in the same time.

Hello there,

I agree with the poster above me, you shouldn’t be drinking alcohol together with Indomethacin. Your friend has point when it comes to the antibiotics, because if you are drinking alcohol while you are using antibiotics it may result in unsuccessful therapy. And then you will have to do everything all over again, and nobody wants to drink medications longer then it is necessary.

And I am sure that you are not addicted to the alcohol and that you can go without it during drinking Indomethacin. If you are going out control yourself and explain to your friends that you can’t drink with them this time, but that you will some other. I hope you will manage to control yourself.

After taking indomethacin when can I start back to drinking beer?

Definitely don't drink alcohol with this medication.I made the mistake of having two beers on this med at dinner.Its the next day nearly noon and I am extremely dizzy ...tired...and nausea is prevelant..I strongly caution everyone..Amagine the bed spins..on two beers...Read the side effects..Its very dangerous and understated when alcohol is involved.

I took indomethacin 5 hours ago can I drink alcohol