Can one drink alcohol while taking Azithromycin tablets?

Although it isn't necessarily unsafe to drink while you're on antibiotics, I wouldn't recommend it. I think that you should lay off it until you've fully recovered, and then start drinking again. You risk reinfection if you don't. Does that make sense?

Drinking on antibiotics isn't a bad idea because alcohol makes your antibiotics ineffective. It's a bad idea because alcohol reduces your immune system functioning, and you're trying to fight off an infection. If you binge drink while using Azithromycin, you will not be doing your liver a favor at all, since both the drug and the alcohol put a strain on it. This can lead to nasty side effects like vomiting, headaches, dizziness, and the like, and you really don't want that. 

I'm with the person before me. Just wait until you're all done with the Azithromycin, and another few days. Then enjoy a few drinks.