I know some people who are on adderall and are taking alcohol. What are the possible health risks of taking alcohol while on adderall? I know it is a stimulant, so can you drink much more alcohol while on it without feeling the effects as much? Should I warn them about this?

Yes, they should be careful consuming alcohol while taking adderall. It has a harsh reaction with alcohol that will cause them to puke all night long if you drink large amount of alcohol. Although I have a friend who claims that is not true. He has been taking Adderall and drinks fairly regularly.

I drink heavily every so often while on adderall and have never had the slightest desire to puke. In fact if anything it allows you to maintain focus longer and not start acting as drunk as quickly.

Drinking while adderall is in your system can be a bad idea... not beacause of the immediate effect, never caused me to vomit, but the long term effects are dangerous...it can cause stomach ulcers... as well as consuming any form of viatim c. These things gave me a horrible ulcer i had to medicate. And you are also not supposed to drink caffeine in any form while on adderall, it can cause your heart to go crazy and bam heart attack, and the combination also aids in Ulcer formation. Yeah I wish someone would have told me all of this. But I had to find out the hard way. Basically the only thing your allowed to consume is water. lol everything is problematic.

I have been taking adderall since 5th grade. Im almost 23. I agree with the person who says that adderall makes you more alert while drinking. I have experienced it for myself on more than one occasion. and yes any substance whether its headache relief to allergy control. Body's react in a certain manner towards them all. What do you think Kemo-therapy does to a cancer patient. All medications out there have risks and side effects. Hell blood pressure medication now a days in the T.V. ads you always hear risk of death.. and more others like it. Ive done my research on adderall. Minor side effects but never anything about the effects of the medication and alcohol. But as will all prescription and non prescription drugs. Be aware of how much you are feeding your body. If your body grows dependent then it could make your immune system more vulnerable. Have fun party! but take vitamins, and drink lots of water and milk! Peace!

fyi.. i have been taking adderall for years on and off.. i usuall;y take it in hte mornings...and if i go out drinking late at nite when it has worn off.. i have always been fine... but WARNING!!!!!!! last fri nite i took it around 7pm.. then went out drinking with my friends... had my usual 5-7 drinks.... i was soo sick and barfing all nite long... had crazy diahreaaa ... stomach pain.. and everything.. it was awful....ive never felt like this since in my life.... it f*****g sucks dont ever drink alcohol on adderall... its a sickening sick sick combo and believe me ive done worse and been fine ... but please dont try this mix its freaking nasty n nauseating...!!!! >;) :-S

My friend and I had a couple friends over with some alcohol. he had like 4 beers and was puking all night all the way until 1 pm the next day. he weighs 170lbs.

i have drank multiple times on aderal and never puked. When drinkin on aderal i have never even come close to puking and it does make me feel like i can drink more. but you need to use everything in moderation.

Adderall and alcohol don't interact as far as I know but Adderall makes drinking riskier.

- Hangovers might be worse because Adderall suppresses your appetite and you might forget to eat and hydrate (NOT with alcohol)
- You might drink too much because the Adderall makes you feel less drowsy
- You might think you're way more sober than you are, and do something stupid, like drive.

The alcohol will still make you just as drunk as it would otherwise! Adderall doesn't protect your judgment or coordination at all.

(Many other drugs should NEVER be taken with alcohol.)

hkmarks I really agree with you here. This is not a good combination. Did you had any experience with adderall and alcohol?
Few months ago I had a discussion with a member here, she was on adderall also, and she was trying stop taking it. This just reminded me of her. I will try to find that thread and try to get in touch with here again.

I've drank while on adderall both when i was prescribed and when i was being stupid n just doing it. Adderall is a stimulant and i've found that it makes you able to drink(or think you can drink) several more drinks or shots. This is a guess but i would say 10mg nasally and 15mg orally would make you feel like you could take another drink/shot. note: it doesn't help with the hangover actually the opposite it adds the normal alcohol after effects with the depression that normally happens after taking stimulants

I have found that personally I have no major interaction between the alcohol and adderall. I wouldn't recommend it because I have found personally that it will allow you to drink more than you normally would by eliminating that sleepy feeling that comes when you've drank too much. So your body is tricked into not knowing when to stop. Everyone is different. I don't think it's healthy to do on a regular basis.

Not a good combination at all.Mixing an upper and a downer can KILL you because it messes with the speed of your heart.

So I have a question... I just started taking aderall to help me get an edge in nursing school... I maybe take 1 10mg tab in the am, once or twice a week, when I'm having an "All out study day"...It is approx 10pm and I'm thinking about having a drink or two and I'm worried that I might have a crazy side effect. does anyone know for sure if the adderall has been out of my system long enough for me to be able to have 1 or 2 weak drinks? I understand that every person metabolizes medications differently but I have been trying to look up the duration of the drug and I can't seem to find it on a reliable source. if someone has the answer please let me know. thank you