I wanted to know if I could drink any alcohol while I am on suboxone!!!! Anybody any info?

Under no circumstance should you drink any alcohol with suboxone. It happened to me once, I wasn’t even thinking about the consequences, that I drank alcohol on a night out with my friends. My God, was that a disaster of a night or what!!! I nearly fainted at one moment. My friends were laughing because they thought I was so drunk….but I wasn’t it was the mixture of suboxone and alcohol. Avoid it!!!!!!

I have had a few glasses of wine on occasion and had no problem. I did notice that I did not get a buzz though, The Dr. told me the suboxone keeps you from getting high off of alcohol too.

are you serious? thats crazy-it seems to me that i get a nice buzz when i drink and take suboxone but the next day my ankles swell up-its kinda scary but ive had a ton of tests and they say im ok...still freaky though

please go to this site and read carefully!!! It says SUBOXONE MIXED WITH ALCOHOL CAN CAUSE RESPiRaTORY DISTRESS EVEN DEATH!!!!

suboxone.com/patients/safety

i drank a beer and a mojito tonight with no problem ( i just started sub 2 days ago). I got a nice short buzz and then a little stomach ache, but nothing too big. I felt kind of shaky though. I wouldn't risk having more than just a few drinks on sub.3

The only problem i have ever had while drinking on Suboxone is extreme hangovers the next day from drinking too much. I have been on Suboxone for 1.5years and drink about once per month - never knew it could or would conflict with each other. I have never noticed anything strange or different while drinking alcohol on Suboxone - it's the exact same feeling as when i drank alcohol off Suboxone. Although, i really want to be completely clean & sober - so i don't recommend it because ALCOHOL IS A DRUG.

I dont know if i would recomend it but i get sh*t faced every friday and saturday on subs. I black out but that is nothing out of the norm.

I had a shot of tequila within some coke (the coke should be flat for this to taste apealing) over the course of an hour and a half (im a lightweight with liquor). I finished that about 30 mins prior to insufflation of a small dose of suboxone. I snorted about 1/6th - 1/8th of a N2 suboxone (i think that would be 1/3-1/4 mg suboxone) about 30 mins ago and i feel warm and soft/fuzzy but kinda weak. Keep in mind this is my first Suboxone experiment.

The last opiate i had was codeine (cheratussin AC) that i was prescribed for an upper respiratory infection that i finished 3 days ago after a week of use as prescribed. About a week before that was my last tramadol (i was slightly addicted to the stuff from doing a recreational dose every other day for a few weex). Because of that the codeine cough syrup was really enjoyable. My tolerance to opiates has been lowered but my familiarity to the opiate feeling still exists. Thus, a 1/3 - 1/4 mg dose of snorted suboxone has produced a very decent, first time dose.

I just took one tonight and drank a beer with it. Let me just say, as someone not addicted to opiates, it started out first making me light headed, then it gave me the jitters, then a really really bad stomach ache. I threw up at least 20 times over the course of four hours, and it was probably the worst - by far - experience I've had in my entire life.

I am down to 1 sub a day and I drink a lot on the weekends and once in a while on weekdays and I don't seem to have any problems with it. When I was taking 2 subs a day, I would get sick to my stomach after about 4 beers and that would make me just stop drinking. Now that I am down to one sub, I seem to be able to drink as much as I want without getting that sick to my stomach feeling.

I have drank on suboxone frequently in the past, but more recently have avoided this practice because I would wake up with horrible hangovers, and that's from just two or three drinks!.

When I first started taking it about 2 years ago, I did not have this problem, but I was also only taking 2 mgs daily.

My doc has since increased me because I wanted to take the medication in the morning and then again at night.

Now I am taking 4-8 mg daily, and I cannot drink while on them without the horrible hangover.

If I know I will be drinking later, I will either only take one in the morning, or take my 2 doses as usual (one right before I go out) and stick to 2 drinks or less. This has helped alot!

But my hangovers were worse than hangovers. I would actually be sick the next day with a fever. I am assuming this is caused by double damage to the liver, but really have no idea. I am hoping that is not the case but who knows.

My Question to everyone is, what are the long term consequences of this medication, without the alcohol, on your liver? Are we all going to be getting serosis within the next few years?

drinking on a sub was prob the worst thing i could of done. if anyone knows about getting wasted its me and wen i drank on a sub i almost died so please pple do not do it !!

ive been drinking smoking weed and eating baked goods and in the beginning i was on 16 mg a day and did all these with no problem. even did coc on occasion the coc is not such a good idea. definintely wouldnt recommend that. as far as alcohol goes tho i just turned 21 and ive blacked out a few times from drinking 2 much 151 but i dont think its suboxone related. i never have hang overs ever! never any problems. and again ive been drinking every week 3-4 times a week sometimes all 7 days for a year while on subs. it helps with my wds. know your limits.

Yes, this is true, but it is kind of funny.. Most people who are on suboxone are taking it for opiate dependence. I can't speak for you, but the majority of these cases are recovering addicts that often drank while doing MUCH more dangerous things, such as shooting heroin. The main difference is suboxone doesn't necessarily make you feel "high", so you might think you could drink more, but if you're like me, you probably already know how your body will respond to the combination of opiates and alcohol.