Can I drink Alcohol whilst taking co-amoxiclav?

Yes there is no current specific evidence that drinking alcohol with co-amoxiclav is dangerous, i would however limit your alcohol intake.

Hello there,

I presume that you have to drink antibiotics for at least two weeks and that you can’t control yourself of going out. You can drink alcohol and antibiotics but this is not recommended. If you drink one glass of vine nothing is going to happen, but if you exaggerate you can get upset stomach as a result. Also your antibiotics are not going to work the way they should and this can result in repeating the therapy treatment.

I am saying this because I has similar situation, but I had to drink antibiotics for whole two months. At the end my doctor has prolonged therapy for another two weeks. So try not to drink until you resolve the problem.  

"Alcohol can interact with certain medicines. However, in the case of Amoxicillin trihydrate/Potassium clavulanate, there are no known interactions between alcohol and Amoxicillin trihydrate/Potassium clavulanate"

http://www.medicines.org.uk/guides/amoxicillin%20trihydrate~potassium%20clavulanate/Bacterial%20infections/co-amoxiclav%20500mg~125mg%20tablets#alcohol

Hi there
I have no intentions to drink over the weekend it's just its my birthday next weekend and we have a party organized so just wondering . Thank you

did you write this while drinking?

No not drank for 3 days now whilst taking them

I have just suffered a knee injury and I'm taking co-amoxiclav. The doctor who sewn my knee up specifically said that I can have a beer or two on these antibiotics, without me even asking.
And many medical websites do explain that the drug has no interactions with any foods or indeed alcohol
However obviously, wouldn't want to overdo it and get an upset stomach (apparently the drug has a tendency to give you the runs a bit anyway) and not digest the tablet at all.
However the amount of pain im in right now, - glass of wine is certainly welcome!

Pretty obvious you were drunk writing your judgemental rant