My father need to start to take beta-blockers called Sotalol. He has problem with irregular heartbeat and his doctor thinks that it’s best for him to treat it with this medication. But I’m worried because my father likes to drink alcohol sometimes. What can happen if you drink alcohol while on Sotalol?

If you are on Sotalol and you drink alcohol, you may expect that you will probably feel dizzy or lightheaded. The fainting is also more likely to occur. So, it’s better for your father to avoid alcohol while he is using Sotalol. Also alcohol mixed with Sotalol can increase flushing and rapid heartbeats.

After a party and drinking whiskey I felt find the next day went to Wal-Mart had a dizzy and panic attack felt like I could faint any was so afraid of dying , I've drank before and nothing like this went to the hospital and they said the drinking didn't help but with a fib and no caffeine no smoking no drinking or drink water in between drinks , scared me I don't drink often but when I do I have a good time , but going to try not to have that happen again it's scary , Anxiety or panic but mu thoughts get worse not sure why I try to calm my self down and say it's ok but then it gets worse scary, I really don't understand the difference ?

Had the same experience, many, many times in Wal-Mart and other places. Best thing is to face your fear head-on and not become a house-bound prisoner. And be smart: do you want to live? If so, don't mix alcohol with heart medication
Have you noticed that you start to feel better when you are about half-way home while having a panic attack? Or that once you get home most of the attack is over? That shows you that emotions are involved too, does it not? It's weird but there it is. I avoid going out with a full stomach. I want all my strength available if I get into trouble. Part of the stress is worrying about being embarrassed about laying down in an aisle at War-Mart with a bunch of strangers staring at you. Don't be. Someone will help you.
Ice on the face has a rapid calming effect for stress and arrhythmias. Bag of frozen peas, cold drink in a can, right on the forehead and cheeks under the eyes. Cold water splash in your face works, too.
A normal heart beat is regular and obviously more efficient than one beating irregularly, so it makes good sense to find out what the the heart needs to function at its best and keep it as strong as possible. Did you know that the heart prefers fat for its energy needs? Or that omega-3 fish oil is the preferred form? Oil and the presence of L-Carnitine is a winning combination.
There is much more to learn about supplements, etc but you will have to do that on your own. Semper Fi.