Hey everyone.

A few days weeks ago my doctor prescribed ivabradine for me. He told me that this medicine is going to slow down my heart rate a little bit. My heart is working quicker that it should and the amount of the oxygen is reduced. So, he told me that I should use ivabradine to prevent angina and he told me that this medicine is going to reduce the number of angina attacks.

I don’t know a lot about it so I hope that you can tell me what is the efficacy and safety of ivabradine in heart patients?

Thank you.

Hey there. I am a medical worker and I can explain you and tell you the proper facts about Ivabraine. It is definitely one of the most effective pills for heart issues. It slows down the heart rate just like some beta blockers. But through a different mechanism than beta blockers, there is a big difference. Have you ever heard of funny ion channels? Well, ivabradine acts upon them. Doctors are satisfied with this medication and the patients are satisfied as well. So I think that you should not be afraid of the efficacy and safety of it. Have a nice day.

Hello everyone.

I am not satisfied with the efficacy and safety of ivabradine in regulating the heart problems. My wife was using it and it was nothing special. She was complaining to her doctors about it because she was not feeling better at all. So they changed her therapy. I don’t want to tell you that you should not use it, or that this medicine is not working.

I am just telling you the case of my wife.

I really hope that ivabradine is going to be fine for you and that is going to help in regulating heart issues.

Good luck.

Hey everyone,

I'm sorry that this medicine didn't work out for your wife, Big Z, but that definitely has something to do with your wife and her system. 

Ivabradine is known to be the best medication other than beta blockers for treating heart problems such as angina. It is used both in mild and severe cases of a fast heartbeat, and it showed good results in both types of these cases. 

Other than this, people are generally satisfied with this medication as well and they are giving it pretty good critics. And of course, it is very safe to use with no additional side effects.

Hi guys,

It's safe, MakeMeCoffe, and it's pretty much efficient when it comes to treating patients with fast heartbeat, or angina.

There was a study done which ended up with the conclusion that heart rate reduction with ivabradine can be safely used in severe HF (heart failure) and may improve clinical outcomes independently of disease severity.

I share the opinion of Alan, Big Z, I don't think that this had anything to do with Ivabradine, it's just that some people don't have use of some medications which are usually good, these people are just slightly different than others and they need a different treatment.

Hey everyone,

I'm Mike from California and I have a problem with angina. My doctor prescribed Ivabradine to me and I have to say, from my personal experience, that this medication is one of the best that were ever prescribed to me.

I like the fact that this medication has no side effects. I don't know if this is only in my case, but I have absolutely no side effects, no dizziness, nothing. Also, my heartbeat comes back to normal almost immediately upon taking the medication.

Be advised, MakeMeCoffee, if this medication doesn't work in the first 15 minutes upon taking it, it's an alarm to call an ambulance.

Hi everyone,

Well, my grandma is using this medication at the moment for her angina and I asked her what does she think about it. She seems satisfied. She didn't say anything about it being better than others (and she changed dozens of medications) but she says that it slows her heartbeat almost immediately upon taking it and that it has no side effects, or at least she isn't feeling them.

She is 70 years old and she is still holding up pretty good. I appreciate her opinion and I personally think now that Ivabradine is pretty good for patients with heart problems.

Hey everyone,

I did a little research for you, MakeMeCoffee, and it seems that every bigger and well developed country did a research for themselves on Ivabradine.

I read about six of these studies and they all ended up with the same conclusion, the same as Stradivarius wrote. Ivabradine is showed to be efficient when it comes to heart problems, especially for fast heartbeats, or angina. It was also tested on people with severe heart failures, and it showed a decent percent of success in these patients.

Ivabradine is also pretty safe to use, people generally have no side effects, so I would say that it is a pretty good medication.