Hello everyone,

I've recently heard about this medication called ketamine. It was the first time ever that I have heard about it and the person who was telling me about it said that it was a miracle cure for depression. Well, that is exactly what I need, a miracle cure to get rid of my depression, but it sounds like a fairy tale.

So does anyone here know anything about this medication? Is it really a miracle cure for depression? What about its pros and cons? Share with me whatever you know about it, please, I will very much appreciate it.

I heard only stories about it, I don't know anyone who used this so I don't really have any info that you can really rely on, but I know (from the things that I read on the internet) that people and doctors both call this medication the future of depression treatment. They say it relieves the symptoms of depression in such a good and quick way that it is almost unbelievable. The only catch is, as the internet says, that it is very easy to get addicted to ketamine.

I think that is the only bad thing about this medication so far.

Yes, people are more than satisfied with this medication, it is not expensive at all and it doesn't have any bad sides, at least not that I've heard of. It recently started to be used for treating depression, before this, it was used on dogs and cats. 

The best thing about this medication is that it starts working almost immediately, it takes about 2 hours for you to feel the effects and the effects can last for up to two weeks, that is why you are only supposed to take a single dose once a week. It really looks like a miracle cure for depression.

By what I have heard and read about, ketamine is indeed a miracle cure for depression. While other medications take even months to show any effects, ketamine works after only a couple of hours and it lasts for so long. The problem is that because of the dosage, it is very easy to overdose yourself so you need one of those special things which can measure the weight in milligrams. Other than that, if you follow the doses as explained, one should not have any trouble with this medication. I'd advise you to talk to you doctor before taking this or any other medication.

So far, so good. This really gives me hope since I have tried a couple of different medications in order to treat my depression but nothing seemed to work for me.

I am going to talk to my doctor about this, I am hoping, well, I am sure that he will be able to tell me everything about it and tell me how good it is for me. This has got to be the cure that I was waiting for, the one to get me out of this mess that I am in so that I can finally have a normal life.

This is an awesome medication actually, I have started using it for a couple of months now and I couldn't possibly explain to you how awesome I feel. I don't feel depressed at all, I am back to my old me, I have friends, I met this girl actually and we just started dating, I am spending more time outdoors than I do inside the house (I never wanted to go out of the house while I was depressed) and I travel a lot. Everybody at work see how I changed and they all keep asking me what happened and how did I do it.

Remember, there is no miracle cure for the depression. Don't fool yourself about this. Sure that some medicines can help you faster than others, but the cure doesn't exist. I felt that on my own skin. Sure, ketamine is really helpful medicine and it can help you deal and fight your depression faster than any other medicine. But like any other medication, this one has its own side - effects and you need to ask your doctor to tell you more about them, just to be sure what you can expect if you start taking it. I wish you good luck.

I wish! As you already noticed I think that I am the most depressed person here. And I have tried to use all the best antidepressants, but nothing. Ketamine was one of those cures. I can't say that this medicine didn't help me, I was feeling a little bit better, but not as much better as I expected. 

Now, let's talk about pros and cons. Side - effects are also possible when you are using Ketamine. Some of side - effects and possible risk are: high blood pressure, confusion, muscle tensions, hallucinations, agitation, etc. 

So whatever you are taking, be careful. Like Guest told you, there is no miracle cure for our condition. 

I was reading lot about ketamine as well. Stories are pretty good about it, so I still do believe that this is one of the best antidepressants that exist on the market at this moment.  Sure, you can expect side - effects but that is the case for every medication, every antidepressant. That is nothing strange. 

I was not using it, but one my good friend did and she told me that she really felt much better after just three weeks. She is still using it, and I think that she is not planning to change it or to quit using this antidepressant.