Hi everyone.

Today I ran at my old friend David. I remember that David in Senior high was very shy guy and he didn't like to spend time with no one. I know that I was not able to understand it and I think that no one was. One day, he just disappeared. 

And a lot of years after school, there he is - in front of me. Anyway we went to drink a coffee and he told me that the main reason why he left school was because he was depressed.

Now I understand why he was like that - antisocial!

But he told me that he is using ketamine because it is helping him relief the depression.

Is it true that ketamine can give you relief for major depression?

Being depressed and being antisocial are two completely different things, Rafferty. A lot of people are actually connecting these two but these actually have no connections at all.

Ketamine is thought to be the new magical cure for depression. It is still being researched about but the scientists think that this is so far the best cure out there for fighting depression. The only problem regarding this medication is that you easily get addicted to it, like, really easily. Other than that, no bad sides of this medication have been found. I think it will really turn out to be a great depression treatment.

Ketamine can help around 70% of people who do not respond to the standard treatments for depression. Whereas it's true that around 5% of recreational users can develop addiction to ketamine with serious consequences, reports of addiction from properly monitored ketamine therapy over the past 50 years are extremely rare. 

Do you know that ketamine was firstly mostly used in veterinarian practice? It was just recently that the British scientists did a research and found out that ketamine can have huge effects on people suffering from major depression. The dosage used is quite small but the effects of it can last up to 2-3 weeks. It is said to be the best medication for depression so far.

So yeah, it is true that ketamine can give you relief for major depression. And it's a great finding since a very big number of people are suffering from depression nowadays and this medication will come in handy.

I sure hope it can. I am a 22 years old guy and I think that I am suffering from depression, I am not quite sure but I don't want to tell my family because I don't want them to worry about me. I am going to try this medication and see how it goes. I found some useful things online regarding the dosage, how often should someone take it and similar things like the price, etc. I am going to give it a shot and see how it goes, like I said, I hope that it will make me feel better.

I found this information as well a couple of days ago when my doctor tried to tell me that this is the best cure that can help me fight my depression, and trust me, sometimes I am so depressed that I do believe that my life really doesn't make any point. But generally I am not sure because somehow like so many other people, I am against those cures for depression. I mean, antidepressants. I would like to try something that doesn't scare me like pills do, but guess that in the end I will try something that I am against. Even my doctor told me that my depression is unbearable and I think that we do all know what that means.

Well, I have heard two different stories about ketamine and that is why I don't know what to think about this. I remember that my doctor once told me that I should try it as well, but I was like - Oh no, is there something else that can help me?

I am scared that this could have some negative side - effects for me and that is why I am refusing it as well.

But on the other hand, when I saw David he was like totally new, refreshed person. He swears that this is the best thing that he ever tried. 

Yes, it is true. I am using ketamine for two years now and I finally realized what means that ketamine is a magical cure for the depression. It is more like traditional antidepressants that doctors will recommend you. I understand that you are scared of the side - effects, especially because this drug isn’t perfect by any means and some patients find the hallucinations it causes to be uncomfortable, and the cost isn’t regulated. Also, dose is different for every patients. But when we are talking about side - effects, I think that every medicine can cause them. Once you learn how to use ketamine, once your body get used on it, you will be much better. So, I think that your friend David has a point. Like you already told us, he is like a new person.

I do not agree that this is magical cure, but I do agree that it helped so many people. Anyway, Ketamine has a huge reputation as an illicit party drug due to its hallucinogenic effects. But on the other hand, people who weren't helped by standard treatments are getting a series of infusions to ease their depression. The drug has also been used in emergency rooms for curbing suicidal thoughts and this is also what makes a ketamine possible life -saver. So I think that ketamine has so many good effects and that if you really can't fight your depression, you should really consider to take it.