my tongue ring has yellow stuff around the hole on top, and is a little tender. i got it done friday night so tonight would be 3 days ago, and i smoke about 2 cigarettes a day. i wash my mouth out plenty but i am still nervous is this is infected or not. can someone please help me out? it isnt really pussing or swollen.. just the yellow and slight soreness.

when you get your tongue pierced there is going to be a little discharge from it that suppose to be white but sometimes what you eat or since you smoke it can change the color of the discharge. but if the discharge becomes excessive then it is most likely effected but right now i think you should be fine. just keep washing your mouth out and also get a soft tooth brush and gently brush the area around the piercing to be sure that you got all food away from it because left behind food can cause an infection. hope i helped

oh you did, thank you so much!! i was freaking the hell out. i am a hypochondriac so even when i get the slightest cold i am convinced im dying. my girlfriend made me get this done so i was scared. any other opinions? i would love to hear more reassurance.

my boyfriend made me get mine to and i had mine since valentines day. when i got mine i was constantly freaking out to because you everything i couldnt eat and yeah i had the discharge to. mine actually ripped thought because i bit it while i was eating so becareful when you eat solid foods. and later switch to plasic balls so you dont chip your teeth cause i promise its gonna be a while before you stop playing with it. but glad i helped