PostPosted: 12/01/07 - 20:22 Post subject: i'm not sure if my tongue piercing is infected
i got my tongue pierced on wednesday. it is saturday and its tender, theres yellow whitish puss coming out of both sides of the piercing. and my tongue looks like its got the chicken pox, there is small white dots everywhere, i have been cleaning the piercing regulary with diluted mouthwash or warm salt water. is there anything else i can do?

I HAVE THE SAME THING AND IM FREAKING OUT ABOUT THE PUSS LIKE STUFF

I KNOW THT USUALLY MEANS ITS INFECTED BUT IVE BEEN DOING ALL I CAN TO KEEP IT CLEAN

PLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASE HELP ME

IF YOU KNOW ANYTHING PLEASE TELL ME

***edited by moderator*** emails not permitted per terms of use***

Youre cleaning it too much, and not allowing the antibodies in your tongue to heal itself. if you clean it too much it kills the healing and natural cleaning agents in your mouth, causing infection. clean with mouthwash after eating, and brush once daily. dont drink alcohol or smoke, and limit sodas. It will be fine. it happened to mine