I just got my tongue pierced almost 2 weeks ago...and now i have reddish bumps under my tongue to the side...this is the only weird thing i have goin on... so is it infected? Or is it just irritated from the long barbell?

ill give u a more in-depth reply when I'm back on my laptop as my phone battery is about to cut in short no does not sound infected. I have my Owm pierced so I'm fairly certian

Hi again,Sorry I couldn't explain better before, I thought a quick yes/no reply was better than none at all and your question may have become lost and unanswered.  As I was saying I have my tongue pierced, it mus have been done idk lets just say it's been their a while shall we :-| At first you get the larger bar, because your tongue does swell up a lot, over the first few weeks it can seem itchy and when you bend it so you are looking underneath sometimes a small amount of white gunk comes out-thats pretty normal.Yours has been done around 2 weeks now, so the swelling should be fully gone,  I would advise going back to the piercer to get your smaller bar and asking their opinion, as they cam see it and decide, they are used to how they heal and what is/isnt a problem.  From what you describe though it sounds pretty normal.  I have even now a sunken in almost pear shape on the top if my tongue behind the ball; where  it lays against, at the front again on the top of my tongue its always slightly redder around the hole, but never sore or inflamed.  Underneath I have a complete red circle around the hole, again not sore, I think thats just how they heal.  The spots you are describing seem as though they could be scar tissue, or irritated by the bar, taste buds that are larger than usual due to the piercing, or even if you have eaten certain types of foods it can cause slight irritation near to the piercing site making a few raised pimples appear.If your tongue was infected it would be possibly swollen, it would feel itchy almost like a spot you need to burst, you would have stuff leaking out of the hole top and bottom, yellow, greenish even and if you got some on your finger it does not smell too good. This area of your tongue would also be warm and you may/or may not even have a sore throat.  Your tongue can get a white coating all over (this can happen when not infected) but with this your mouth would taste pretty grim too.In all I think it's safe to say it's not infected.  If you want to keep it clean for a while longer I always used cooled kettle water and dissolved some salt in it, natures antiseptic - or a medicated mouth wash, but by two weeks your not needing to do this so often.  Remember when brushing your teeth it is hard to clean the bar, after a few months if you flip your tongue up -ever with very god dental hygiene plaque seems to love to stick to the bottom ball.  I pick mine off with my nail.  I have seen some people (ewww) where the entire ball has become so covered in plaque it's white o.Oand I actually asked where had the gotten a white tongue ball from - gross I know, so remember to have a look every month or so to see this is not starting to happen. 

I hope this helps <3