I am writing this for my husband. He has been experiencing lightheadedness along with acid reflux/heartburn for about 5 months now. We related it to eating certain types of food, like fried, spicy, and red meat. He eliminated these foods from his diet, and noticed a decrease in episodes. Now foods other than these are triggering these symptoms. The lightheadedness gets so bad, that he has had to miss his, what use to be regular, workouts. Routinely he would get to the gym 5 days a week. Now he is lucky to get 1-2 workouts a week. This is really affecting our lifestyle. Any suggestions?

I suppose that the heartburn may be the prime problem here and the lightheadedness just a symptom that rarely accompanies heartburn. Besides lightheadedness, people may experience cold sweat and even shortness of breath. Have you seen a doctor about the matter? Switching to different food certainly helps but he may need some medication if he hasn’t already been prescribed. Drugs that work best for heartburn are so called antacids and there are some brands available o-t-c. These drugs contain aluminium or magnesium and work to neutralize the stomach acid that’s irritating either the stomach lining or the esophagus. He should be also checked for ulcers in the stomach, duodenum or esophagus.