I seem to get a lot of gas (burps only) when I run, I have no idea how to battle this problem and wondered if anyone could help me out with finding the source of it. I posted this in the other thread but very few had anything to reply to the entire thread so I thought I would make a seperate thread because it's a really big problem for me, it undoubtedley slows me down on my runs.

Thanks in advance you crazy kids.
-Sc00t

It happenned to me too, i used to run, had a knee injury that took me off the running trains but i was very active via skating.

i used to take sum anti-acids before my runs but then all the sudden it seem to just quit. maybe the same for you too will happen

Do you have this problem when you're not running? burping usually comes from swallowed air. Pay attention to your swallowing next time you're running and see if maybe you aren't swallowing a little air too.

Antacids may help the problem too. I'm not sure about something like Gas-X though.

i was using Rolaids. i was taking it for heartburn while running, but this was a side benefit.

Is this happening after you have drank some liquids? I tend to burp after trying to gulp down liquids while running.

Okay, I'll take note of the amount of water I'm taking in and how much air I take in too. I've cut out carbonated drinks too, so maybe that will benefit me eh? (The dentist will love me for it if nothing else ;))

you could also have reflux. You might try taking Zantac or Prilosec before bed every night.