I had cryotherapy treatment five days ago. I've had a very, very heavy, watery discharge since then. (My pad is entirely wet after just a couple hours...the nights are really bad--I wake up feeling like I'm wearing a wet diaper...Ugh!) Over the past two days, the discharge has become more yellow-ish and has a strong smell. Is this really a sign of infection? I otherwise feel totally normal (although uncomfortable). No pain, no fever. Is some smell normal? When should I be concerned? I haven't had sex, used tampons, or exercised, as directed.

Thanks.

Even tho you wrote this a year ago, I thought I should still offer advice. I myself had cryotherapy about a week ago. A few days after a bad smell started developing. I was told I'd have watery discharge and there'd be a slight odor, but wasn't sure how bad a smell it would be. This was so awful! I kept thinking this can't be normal. So, I called the doctor about it and told her what all was going on. The smell should never be like something died or a sewage smell. It's only supposed to have a sour/vinegar type smell. I made an appointment and I'm going in today. It's most likely a slight infection, I say slight because the smell is the only symptom. No pain, fever, or anything really bad.

So, anyone wondering about really bad smells after cryotherapy, call your doctor! It's probably an infection.

Hello, I had a cryotherapy last week. First, as you both explained was the watery discharge and now it's starting to get yellowish with no smell... I have an appointment with my doctor within 3 weeks.. I'm worried I could be developing an infection.. as I got the cryo done because of chronical cervicitis and the reason why I got the cervicitis is unknown as not infection came through the pap or the byopsia..

Any advice?

This might be a little late, but I just had a cryotherapy done 4 days ago and aside from being completely uncompfortable. I called my doctor and was told this was normal having the watery yellow discharge and slight smell. They were able to call in a prescription for me to avoid any infections, but to make sure to come in for my two week follow up. %-)