Hi, I've been to the doctors but i keep getting bacterial infections that cause a itching feeling inside not only that a discharge that smells like a dead fish. I dont know why I keep getting this I dont know if its from to much sex or from being fingered a lot as well. I have taken both medicine and the cream but it just doesn't seem to go away what should I do

Are you having multiple partners as well? Do you use protection during sex?

You probably got your infection during sexual acts (do you know which bacterial infection is it?) If you have multiple partners you could have passed it to one of them, and if neither of your partners has been treated, you could be passing the infection back and forth to each other. So, you need to make sure that all of your partners are checked for STD’s and that they get proper treatments, otherwise you will never get rid of the infection no matter how long you try. And you should know that long term treatment with antibiotics makes you more prone to developing yeast infection and are also killing the good bacteria that normally lives in your vagina and elsewhere in the body and protects them, making you more open to other diseases.

I started smelling a very bad smell coming from my vagina three days ago. I do not itch at all but I burn just a little. I have had 1 yeast infection 7 years ago and I know that it was different than this. It smells like a dead fish or something rotten. I have a thick yellowish discharge that makes me sick, especially since it smells so bad. I have been using Monstat 7 but it is not clearing up as fast as I thought. What is going on with me and why do I have this infection and how do I get rid of it? :-(

Have you seen a gynecologist? Yellow, thick, fishy smelling discharge is definitely a sign that there’s an infection that is not necessarily yeast infection.

Considering you asked how it was possible that you got it, I would presume you don’t have sex and are ruling out any STD. Correct me if I am wrong.

If we rule out STD’s, then it is most likely bacterial vaginosis, an infection of the vagina, which occurs when there is an overgrowth of “bad” bacteria in the vagina. The symptoms of this disease usually include abnormal discharge, foul smelling, itching, burning although some women don’t have any signs at all. However, those women who experience the symptoms especially notice them after an intercourse, when they are under a lot of stress, ovulation, etc

You need to have an examination to determine if it’s bacterial vaginosis. I suppose it is because you haven’t been responding to Monistat. I wouldn’t do anything without an examination if I were you because you need a specific antibiotic. Monistat is probably just aggravating your condition.

I hope you manage to clear it out soon! Good luck!

I had the samething happen to me. It sounds like a bacterial infection. You need to go to the gyno for meds. It took me 2 yrs. of infections and tons of std testing , even though I have been married for 7 yrs. I found a women gyno now and she is awesome she suggest after all sex, period and urination and bowel movement to wipe with distilled white vinegar, use a hairdryer on it be careful not to burn yourself but it works awesome. Also she treated my husband with the same meds she gave me , which the other dr didnt do.

I'm not having unsual discharge...a very small amount infact, however, my vargina smells rotton...and the discharge that I do have smells the same...I thought I was pregnat a while ago except I got my period really late...but now I'm late again...wats going on

ANYONE THAT HAS A DISCHARGE ETC.. NEEDS TO SEE A GYNECOLOGIST!!!

Planned parenthood or your local health department can see for low cost pr even free!

:'( I do also have the same symptoms. at first ob-gyne said it was just honeymoon cystitis so she gave me oral medicine (Metrodinozole) for 7days. still painful urination with burning sensation and yellow discharge was there. So i transferred to another ob-gyne and prescribed me with antibiotic which is Cefalexin 3x a day for 7 days and Albothy suppository for 3nights. I had my urinalysis 2x but still with infection though mild already. After that, i transferred to another ob-gyne and only to find out that i have yeast infection already. SHe gave me Neopenotran (Metrodinozole) suppository for 7days. Discharge gone already. bUt i felt a slight buring sensation. No difficulty in urination but there are times with low back pain. It scares me!!!.

I asked my last OB is i had gonorrhea. she said no because what she saw in me was a yeast infection due to prolong intake of antibiotics. I shall come back next week for pap- smear. Hope its clear.

I haven't had sex for 2yrs becuase my husband was away. WHen he comes back we had contact once then its painful really painful. I saw from his penis that there's eruption yellow discharge. I had him check to a doctor and he gave him ciprofloxacin. My husband didn't tell waht it was he just said Urinary tract infection. He is alcoholic almost his life. do you think this affects him or an STD (Gonorr..) Im so scared pls help. thanks

well i dont have any discharge really but i notice that everytime that my virgina starts to itch it gets like cakey type crust on my virgina but when i scratch it it comes right off... then it sometimes burn and really itches at night...

stop have sex with the boys with the dirty penises

Guest above me, whoever you are, dont be a dousche (no pun intended)

I already know what I have and will be treated very soon, however I have developed these odd bumps. I've researched Herpes and Gential Warts. I know it's not that because they developed before I started to have sex again. None of my partners have any past STDs of herpes of Gential Warts. I am very troubled. They don't don't itch. But it's been soo long since I've had sex, and I practice safe sex. So I don't understand.

:'( I've suffered from BV for seven years and it badly affects my self esteem. I have tried every thing to get rid of it but nothing works. Can anybody who has cured this give me some advise please.

Hello there,

I got some problem here and it really irritate me, I dont know what to do, am so shy to go to doctors for medical check up, what should I do?

Before, I got a boyfriend he was from texas and we had sex, the first time we had sex when i got my menstration and it was very painful so i thought that it just normal but when we had sex again 2 weeks after my period i noticed a blood in my underwear and it really last long for a week, so I thought again that it was just the last blood of my period in that month but I realized that everytime I got my period it was not like that so I just observed, when that period finished again we had sex but still after sex a blood again not just a spot but really a blood of menstration and last for a week... then he told me to go to doctor but i did not go because I feel shy... He went back to texas and never came back again... about 4 months I decided to go with other man i mean to have another relationship and then we had sex and i really feel the pain when he inserted his penis to mine... he told me to put some meds in my p***y which is CLOTRIMAZOLE just one time and after that 2 weeks we had sex again and then still its painfulit was no blood anymore after sex and i noticed after our sex theres is a smells like a fish... and until now I got this...

I dont want to go to doctor because I really feel shy and am still single and never been married... why kind of medication should I take... please advise me coz am so worry about my situation... thank you

the answer to all your questions like i have a funny smelly discharge that stinks like a dead fish..thats called baterial vaginosis, go to your gyno and get some medication and it goes away...so no worries ladies your fine :-)