I just had a Novasure endometrial ablation. I was told to expect a clear, watery discharge, in fact, this is the only after effect I've had. Nowhere can I find what this is or why it occurs. Can you help?

its called weping from being burned if you ever burned yourself you form a blister that ozzes thats pretty much what is happening

How long does this discharge usually last? I had an ablation mid-July and it's still happening.

I HAD AN ABALATION DONE 0N 9-4-08, WHICH WAS ON A THURSDAY, SATURDAY I WOKE UP AND BLOOD WAS ALL ON MY MASTRESS. I HAD TO CALL THE DOCTOR, BUT THEN AN HOUR LATER IT STOPPED AND NOW SINCE THEN I WATER COMING OUT OF ME, I HAVE TO WEAR A PAD... hOW LONG WILL STILL HAPPEN, I HOPE I BE BLOOD FREE FOREVER, IT WORK 4 SOME PEOPLE 8-| ITS ANNOYING WEARING A PAD ALL SAY EVERYDAY, EVEN WITH THE WATER COMING OUT... I BEEN BLEEDING HEAVY FOR ALOMOST 2 YEARS, I HAD EVERYTHING TO TRY TO CALM IT DOWN, SO I HAEV THE ABALTAION NOW.... I HOPE IT STOPPED.

HOW LONG WILL THIS WATER MESS HAPPEN ?

I had an ablation on Oct. 9th, 2008. My "watery" stuff stopped around the 9th of Nov. It was SO annoying. Now, I have very very LIGHT pink disharge. What's this?

I had the ablation done on March 27, 2009. The watery discharge started about 3 days later and is still here today April 23, 2009. I was very optimistic about not having any more heavy periods but at this point, I'd prefer 1 week of heavy bleeding over this. Atleast, I would know when it was supposed to end. I called the doctor and she said this could continue up to 6 weeks. That wasn't what I remember them telling me in the doctor's office. They said light cramping for 1-2 days and no sex for 10-14 days and then resume normal activity. Nothing about 6 weeks of clear drainage and having to wear a pad or feeling too disgusting to have sex for 6 weeks. (I would have remembered that) I'm praying that it's over within the next 2 weeks like they are telling me. I can't do this forever!

I'm having the procedure done next week.  I'm wondering about this discharge: Can I expect it to be heavy?  Does it smell bad??  Does anyone use tampons to absorb it?  (I was hoping that I'd used the last of these, but I sure do hate pads!!!)

I had my procedure on October 17th and I am still having a watery discharge.  It has been 5 weeks.  I even started my period again, at least it is not the heavy flow I use to have.  The cramps were pretty severe on the third day and the odor is really bad.  I will be happy if I stop all of this in the next week.   

Had the novasure done on November 30th and I'm still having discharge, but it is getting lighter.  I'm now using a liner.  When you first have the procedure done you do have to wear a pad.  I had a few things done at same time.  I had an anterior and posterior repair and the ablation and a urethra sling.  I was told I cannot have ANYTHING in the vagina for 6 weeks and NO tampons.  I can't lift for 12 weeks.  I'm sure that some of my restrictions are because I had other procedures.  Just wanted to share what I was dealing with. :)

I had the Novasure ablation done on Jan. 18. 2012 So far so good :). I had minor cramping after the procedure and very light spotting for the next 2 days. Since then the worse part has been feeling tender and bloated. I was informed to refrain from baths & sex until after my 6 week check up. I to have been having some watery discharge only needing to use a panty liner. Which for me is not an issue, as my periods were very heavy and could last anywhere from 2-3 weeks at a time. I would highly reccomend the procedure to anyone dealing with bad periods and who is done having babies.

i had an hta on 03/30/12 and had no bleeding/discharge until a week after the procedure. now its been going on ever since. today is 04/18/12. i agree with you 100%!!! i would rather deal with a heavy period and cramps than dealing with this nasty discharge and pantyliner business. it did stop for a day or two and i was like ok cool..i can have sex now. nope! it then started back up again. ughs!

It have not had any periods or discharge for at least 2 months. Hang in there, it took a good 4 to 5 months to be completely free of all the odor, discharge and any type of cramping. I now can say it was all worth it.

Dealing with the same watery mess. I feel as if I am wetting my pants. It is smelly as well. Does this last for a long time? I am into my second week!

before the procedure you are told not to wear any tampons afterward for a certain amount of time or it may cause infections

I had the procedure done and on the way home I began to cramp, I took the pain meds given to me but I felt no relief. I dealt with the pain for about an hour before going to the emergency room after my husband talked to the nurse on the phone. I have five children, three were c sections and one of them was completely natural, I have never felt pain like that. The emergency room dr said I should have been given better pain meds to go home with. I blead in the beginning and then it went to the watery, pink discharge now it is yellow. I have to wear a liner all the time and since the operantion I think I smell different. It has been almost 4 weeks. I am so tired of this and hope it ends soon.