I've had this weird discharge for about 2 weeks now. There is more than normal, it is a very light yellow color, and is unusually thick. There is a slight smell - not foul, or fishy, just more noticeable than before. I started taking Seasonale almost 2 months ago and was on my period for almost three weeks. I wore tampons almost the whole time. I was also on antobiotics for 10 days, and stopped them just before i noticed this discharge. I haven't had sex in 2 months, and havent had unprotected sex in almost 6 months. Could this discharge be some sort of reaction to the medication? Can these meds cause an infection?? Or could it be something more serious like an STD?

Unusually thick means a yeast infection most of the time.. If you've been having this type of discharge for a while you should probably go see the ob/gyn. Its not worth risking it if its a yeast infection or a bacterial infection which could be from pretty much anything. I wouldn't say it has anything to do with your b.c. pills though.

Good luck.

I have the same problem now, yellow/green discharge not much odour but it's just so annoying! it's kind of thick in consistancy. I've had this since January. I went to the Dr in May last year and found out i had BV, not bad enough for antiboitics the Nurse said. Shortly after i noticed yucky smelling discharge, quite alot too. Well more than normal. I went from soaking tampons in yoghurt and leaving them in my vagina for a couple hours to taking probiotics for months. Having sex made me nervous because i wasn't sure if there was going to be a smell. I found probiotics made the smell managable but didn't stop the discharge from coming out, just wasn't as smelly.

In January i got my period, i stopped taking the probiotics during my period because they are expensive. When my period finished the smell wasn't there anymore. Just this yellow discharge. I'd much prefer that then to have a fishy vag! still i will go to the Dr again and find out what is going on with this discharge. Easiest answer to the question really

I have sex with my ex and notice that after that happend got a thick yellowish smelly discharged, I really worry because never had it happend to me... Should I go to the Doctor?