About 3months ago I was experiencing light bleeding and swelling after sex, went to the university doctor and was diagnosed with bacterial vaginosis. Took metronidazole (flagyl) and it cleared up. I've had a yellow foul smelling discharge for about a week or so now. The smell is a lot more distinct than the episode I had previously. Also about 2 days ago I noticed a stringy blood-tinged discharge.....today I had the same thing. I don't have any stds to my knowledge (was tested 4 months ago w/my bf....he's still my one and only partner). Never been pregnant but it's a possibility(me and my bf have lived together for the past year and we don't always use condoms) although my last period was about 3wks ago and was regular. What could it be? I usually go to the univ doctor and get a referral (its free that way) but since school is out, its closed so I haven't been. The bloody discharge is scaring the hell out of me though so I don't know if I can go without seeing an ob-gyn much longer....

Normally the color of discharge is white or transparent. Yellow or green discharge may be due to some infections. During Ovulation you may feel blood brown color in your discharge. With the help of the distinctive variations in color you can identify if you have a problem. When Vaginal Discharge is accompanied by pain, burning sensation, soreness, itching or irritation than vaginal discharge is certainly not normal. The vaginal infection can range from yeast infection, bacterial infection, trichomoniasis or fungal infection. Your doctor may conduct a test of you vaginal discharges that will him identify the nature and cause of vaginal discharge. Based on the characteristics of discharges you will be given oral pills or creams for topical use.