Hello, my friends. I have been recently discovered nasal polyps during my routine check up. I would like to get rid of them, but I think my only option is surgical removal. I would like to know if surgery is the only cure for this condition. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks in advance.

Hello. Surgery doesn’t have to be your only solution. If your polyp is smaller, you can get a nasal spray. These sprays are corticosteroids. Sometimes, doctors give you oral corticosteroids in combination with spray. Those are: fluticasone, budesonide, triamcinolone, etc. However, when medications cannot help, then you should rely on surgery. There are two types of the procedure: polypectomy and endoscopic sinus surgery. Polypectomy can totally remove isolated polyps. You should discuss these details with ENT specialist.

just had the surgery last month, breathing better than I have in 30 years.