I was wondering about the efficiency and cost of laser surgery to treat nasal polyps. I know that traditional surgery is often followed by regrowth of polyps and is also very debilitating. Can you tell me more about laser surgery for nasal polyps?

As far as I know, laser surgery is performed on the soft palate for snoring and it does take some weeks to recover from and it is painful, I have been told. Nasal surgery may be useful if polyps, but I am not sure for laser surgery. Usually your doctor will arrange for CT scan to see the extent of polyp tissue in the sinuses and the layout of the bony partitions between the sinuses, the orbit and the interior of the skull. Removal is generally carried out using an endoscope to look inside the nose. There is the risk associated with polyp surgery of bleeding from the nose or a black eye due to damage to the wall between the noses. Unfortunately, removing nasal polyps does not always prevent them from growing back, but removal can be repeated if necessary.

What is the risk after Chronic sinus laser surgery?
Is the side affect cause dry nose and throat?
If it does how long will take to be come normal again?

sinus surgery was helpful to me. i had chronic sinus infections and medications and nasal sprays weren't helping after a while. i got referred to the ent...he looked in my sinuses..didn't think i woudl need surgery but after doing a ct scan they found out i had a deviated septum and would need surgery. i had the surgery done in june and it was kind of ugly for a few days, but it was well worth it. i haven't had an infection since. i do a nasal rinse twice a day, do nasal spray twice a day, and was retested for allergies and im glad i had done this..allergies changed and i feel so much better. my only recommendation is that you need someone with you for a day or 2 to help you with things and changing the gauze pad under your nose...trust me they better not get grossed out easily because it will be gross for a few days...but you'll feel so much better after the splints and stuff are taken out after about a week or so.

I had nasal polyps removed by Dr. Gilmore in Dallas 2001 by laser and was so much better than any other way. I live near Little Rock, Ark and need polyps removed again, but hate to go all the way to Dallas again. Does anybody know a Dr. in Arkansas that removes them by laser.

thanks

I had my nasal polyps removed in 2005 by an excellent doctor by the name of David DeMarino of South Hills ENT in Pittsburgh. He performed the surgery Thursday morning and I was bowling Sunday afternoon. I DO NOT RECOMMEND physical activity that soon after the surgery, but that's how well of a job he did for me. I've been through 5 surgeries prior to that for the nasal polyps and this one has been the most successful. It was an out-patient procedure and I had zero pain or discomfort afterwards. While I figure that I'll have to go back in another 5-10 years for another procedure, I consider it a great success considering I was going every few years prior.

I've also had my soft pallet, adenoids and tonsils removed in a separate surgery performed by Dr. DeMarino in 2007 and once again he did an awesome job. While recovery was painful as is the case with this surgery, there were zero complications and my sleep apnea improved considerably.

In both cases, my nasal polyps and sleep apnea were severe cases and the surgeries were great successes. Dr. DeMarino is a fantastic doctor and an excellent surgeon and I give him my recommendation.

If you have any questions,and I can give you further details if you so desire.

Does anybody know a Dr. in Arizona that removes them by laser?

Dr. Robert Bridge by the 51 and Bell st.

I would really appreciate if someone could point me in the right direction to get nasal polyps surgery via laser treatment. I am ue to go in for an FESS surgery and really do not want the recovery process to take weeks. Is nasal polyp removal via laser effective and has the same effect as Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery? Will I be able to smell/taste again after laser treatment. Would love to hear peoples experiences and the best Doctors to go to. I am from the UK

Hi , can u tell is there risk during polyps surgery by laser for the patients which are suffering from sleep apnea.

I had no idea that this was such a serious surgery. I am schuduled to have surgery but they did not tell me if it was laser or what. Just that its at Shanes hospital in jaxsonville florida. Has anybody had it done there before???

Im schuded to have nasal surgery in a month at Shanes Hospital in jaxsonville florida. They didnt even tell me if it was laser or what. Has anyone had this surgery at that hospital???

Where in Canada can I have laser surgery to remove nasal polyps?

Karen

I think you mean Shands Hospital in Gainesviille. I had all my polyps filled to near cacification in 2007 and had them removed at the Mayo Cliinic in Jacksonville. What a holy terror. It took 4 monthes of going back and forth from Tallahasee to Jacksonville. The team at Mayo had to check every part of my body out before they even got to the nasal/ sinus polyps. surgery. It was done as an impatient procedure, The surgeon did a good job , but did not totally ecacuate all the sinus areas. And yes, they were done the old fashioned way, under bright lights and cold steel.
Not satisfied, Carol

Does anyone know of a good ENT in Ontario Canada who has done a lot of nasal polyp removal? If so, please reply as I am having a hard time finding one.

Thank you

Karen