Hello, folks. I have been experiencing some breathing difficulties. I had some nose-sinus problems. When I visited my ENT specialist, he determined that I have polyps there. I would like to know something more about this and how I could treat it. I hope someone will answer. Thank you in advance.

Hi, there. Polyps are relatively common in nose-sinus. If you have a single or a smaller polyp, doctor will prescribe you some corticosteroid to treat it locally. It can be in a form of spray or ointment. Nasacort, Flonase or Rhinocort are some of these steroid products. If the medications do not show as effective, then surgery is an option. I have heard about two forms of procedures. Those are: polypectomy and endoscopic sinus surgery. You should really discuss about all these issues with your ENT specialist. I hope everything will be all right. Bye!