Hello! My son has been having problems with his nose since he was three years old. He often had a runny nose and he used to snore in his sleep. His is also allergic to NSAIDs. His pediatrician blamed his allergy or cold or his weakened immune system. She usually prescribed antibiotics for his sinus infections. I was never satisfied with her diagnose and last time she said he had nasal polyps. Is she maybe wrong? Do nasal polyps increase breathing problems?

Hello! I don’t think your doctor is wrong since nasal polyps are easy to detect by simple examination of nasal passages. Also, the problems you described are common risk factors for nasal polyps: chronic inflammation of you son’s nose and sinuses and his sensitivity to NSAIDs. Small, single nasal polyp usually doesn’t cause any complications but the large one or many smaller polyps may cause obstructive sleep apnea and increase breathing problems. Depending of the size, number and position of the polyps your doctor may prescribe corticosteroid nasal spray, oral corticosteroids or surgery.

Hi there...I was wondering if your child has been tested for Cystic Fibrosis as Nasal polyps in younger children can be related to CF... ??