Hi, I am a 28 years old woman, and I have restless leg syndrome. I can’t sleep at night, because I keep moving my leg. A doctor told me that it’s probably related with my iron deficiency. Can you tell me something more about this syndrome?

Hello, I’ve had iron deficiency for a long time. I was always pale and weak. Five months ago, I started having difficulties falling asleep, because couldn’t stop moving my legs. I had no idea what was happening, so I went to doctor. He diagnosed me with restless leg syndrome, and said that it was caused by iron deficiency. This is one unpleasant. creeping, tingling and burning sensation. I feel better when I move. Walking and stretching relief my restless leg syndrome. I am taking iron supplements and multivitamins, because iron deficiency is the underlying cause of my condition. Restless leg syndrome doesn’t come alone-it causes insomnia and daily drowsiness.