Howdy y'all.
I just started running.

I don't have an extensive history doing any hardcore cardio. I didn't play sports.

But either way, I'm a pretty intense guy.

I've just started running, and based on my lazy 90% maximum heart rate (MHR) treadmill experiences, I can say with certainty that my last few runs, which by the way have been by far the longest runs in my lifetime at seven miles, have consistently and at times very significantly exceeded 90% MHR. I've really been pushing myself.

The thing is, toward the end (the last three miles, depending on intensity of outset...which especially this last time was pretty intense) my lungs seem to lose effectiveness. It takes extra focus to get the air in. It becomes a greater labor than the rest of running. I begin to wheeze. I find that I feel that I have to put extra energy into keeping my air passage open. I find as a side-effect of the air-passage coping mechanism I use to maintain or increase airflow at the pace-increased final mile that my eye-lids open wider.
I ran yesterday and I can still hear a (lesser) wheeze when I do a simple deep hyperventilation test. For what it's worth, I'll mention that I tasted a blood-like taste after the run, and of course had a case of post-run diarrhea. Oh and I get pre-run diarrhea, too! haha. I guess I get pretty amped for this stuff.

I've never regularly done cardio at this intensity, so I'm covering new ground here.
Does this wheezing-after-a-few-miles tendency go away?

Silly bonus question: How much of what kinds of fiber does one have to eat to maintain solid stool after ingesting 16 ounces of espresso? <--tried it once ;)

I'm not sure if I am reading your post correctly - are you implying that you are doing these long (7 mi) runs at 90% or greater of your MHR!?

If that is the case you need to slow down! Anything over approx 80% MHR is moving toward anaerobic and not intended to be held for extended periods. Your long runs should stay below approx 80% of your MHR - the aerobic zone.

If you are regularly running with your heart rate elevated that much your body is working very hard and I would guess that your lungs simply cannot keep up with your body - not necessarily exercise induced asthma. If you are newer to running I'm sure keeping your HR below 80% max will feel slow at first, but as your fitness increases, your ability to go faster in the aerobic zone will also increase.