Hi, I have gastric bypass and recently my red blood cells level have decreased, so I developed anemia. Could anemia develop as result of insufficient iron intake or apsorbtion?

Hi, since iron is partially absorbed in duodenum, gastric bypass can lead to deficincy in iron. The duodenum is bypassed along with the stomach. Iron deficiency can be a particularly seen in women who also lose blood in reproductive period of life by menstruations. You should take iron rich diet and have iron and hemoglobin levels checked once or twice a year. For menstruating women daily supplementation of iron should be in ferrous sulfate or ferrous gluconate 300 to 350mg per day. Vitamin C increases absorption of iron 5 to 6 times. There some commercial preparations of iron and vitamin C in combination.

Hi "Deery"!

I was noticing your posting and I wanted to offer a great solution to you that works well with gastric bypass patients.
I am a Nutraceutical representative selling a whole food supplement that is in a capsule. It's absolutely amazing and
with gastric bypass patients, it's especially great because there's no repeating that takes place, since it's all natural
there's no aggravation to the intestins and the body begins to absorb it within 2 minutes of taking it. I would love for you to take a look t my website and if increasing your daily fruits and vegetables on a daily basis sounds wonderful to you I would love the opportunity to chat with you. My website is ***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed
Thank you for taking the time to read my message.

Christine Hoopes

LET FOOD BE YOUR MEDICINE
LET MEDICINE BE YOUR FOOD