Ok i started my peirod when i was 6 and alot of stuff was happening in my moms life and i thought she didnt have time for me so i didnt tell her about it. i had no idea why i was bleeding down there so i rinsed my underwear every month with cold water. but at 9 my aunt found out when i spent the night at her house and told my mom.so my mom went around "The Talk" and I had to find out sex and stuff on my own. I am now a teen and have really hard and heavy clotty periods. I have to wear a big overnite maxi always and change it every hour.

Sounds like you need to speak with the school nurse. or a medical doctor. Unusual, but not unheard of.

Good luck.

During your period, the blood is being emptied from your body very fast. When the menstrual blood is being released, the body will also release a substance called anticoagulant which is responsible for preventing the blood from clotting as it comes out. On the days of a heavy flow however, the blood is being released so rapidly that the anticoagulants cannot work at a fast and effective rate and that in turn leads to blood clots during heavy bleeding period. These menstruation blood clots can be bright red or dark brown in color. This is perfectly normal. This happens when blood that has been in the body for long is dispelled after a long gap. So, there's no need to worry on that account. If however, you notice that the blood clots are larger than a quarter, and their presence is not just limited to the heaviest days of your flow, then that is the time you are justified in asking if blood clots during periods are normal because there is a chance that they might not be. If so then you should see a doctor ASAP. Because you do not want internal bleeding or hymraging. :-D

thank you Teenmom17, for great information on this. :-)
Thank you for your prompt response!

Your very welcome. I have learned alot by being on here. And i hang out with the wiser ones. Like njoylife, bambi27, kingfreeze, bbfeet. I just enjoy helping and giving proper advice!!!!!!!