Hi, I am a 46 years old woman and I have some symptoms like pain under the right shoulder, gas, belching and bloating. I was obese for many years, and I finally managed to lose some weight. I don’t know why do I have problems now, when I’m not that fat any more. A doctor told me that those symptoms might indicate gallbladder, but I will have my final diagnose after I do some tests. What do you think, is this gallbladder or not?

Well, it could be gallbladder. It matters if you were obese, because it increases a risk of getting gallbladder cancer. Symptoms of this disease are exactly the same as yours, but there can appear some other symptoms too, such as pain in the back between the shoulder blades, nausea or vomiting and recurring intolerance of fatty foods. There are some signs for gallbladder disease, like tenderness of abdomen on touch. Tests that you will have to do are probably abdominal ultrasound, abdominal CT scan, abdominal x-ray, gallbladder radionuclide scan and CBC. There are several types of gallbladder diseases, it doesn’t have to mean that that you have a cancer. For example, there are inflammation of the gallbladder and gallstones. I hope that your tests results will be fine. Good luck!

My husband has been in the ER four times in the past month with what his family doc and gastro doc have dianosed as gall bladder attacks. However, his HIDA scan levels were not out of normal range, and the surgeon he was referred to says he is not a surgical candidate. This doc was called in to the ER at 1 a.m.,. read the chart, didn't even touch my husband and made this pronouncement. They sent him home (again) and told him he needs to see his gastro. Gastro says he has run all tests he can and even though tests are not abnormal he wants him to have gallbladder out because he has continuous severe attack symptoms and he feels that this is the best option. But now that the surgeon has decreed no surgery, gastro told him to wait until next attack, go to ER and ask for another specific surgical group to consult. But if he goes to the office and they don't see him in the throes of the attack they may also turn him down and then he is out of luck because there are only two surgical groups in the area who do this surgery and once they say no he is out of luck. I am tired of spending 8-10 hours in the ER for him to get a shot of pain med that only helps for a short time and then going back to the ER in a couple of days. Last trip the family doc told him to report to the ER immediately after seeing him in his office, and we are now at wits end. He is not able to keep food down, has lost 8 lbs in 10 days, by the end of the night he is in severe pain under his rib cage on the right, is thowing up bile and sludge and has diarhea - the HIDA scan re-created all these symptoms even tho levels seemed to be OK. Now what? He does not want to keep going to the ER, I think they are looking at him as seeking pain meds, when that is not true - he just wants to get this taken care of and is being treated like a human pinball.

Did you get this fixed... I have just had gallbladder out...gallbladder dyskensis. .same symptoms