my sister is a very bad alcoholc and drinks strait vodka everyday. she passes out and sleeps all day, cant keep a job, doesnt eat anymore and everyday i see her she has even more red bloody sores like bites all over her body where she is bleeding thru her shirts, all over. my dad took her to the doctor and has an appointment on monday but she doesnt want to quit, and we cant, my family and i, watch see her kill herself. her stomach is extended and her face is blotted, but all these bloody sores are from what? though maybe bedbugs, or fleas but sprayed and fumigated and she just keeps on getting worse. she can keep a job anymore and thinks she gets fired for someine else mess up. i dont know what to do or what to expect when she goes for her appointmen but would like some heads up about it.... please help!

Your family needs to do an intervention and help her. She will probably get a patient sitter that will have to watch her 24/7 and she might become emotional/aggressive because the alcohol is her drug and she is addicted to it. She might become aggressive and violent to which then they might have to bond and strap her so she can't do anything to herself or other people. Just letting you know.

Oh, I'm so sorry your family is going through this with your sister. I know it's painful to watch a loved on make such destructive choices in their life. But, it sounds like you're really trying to support her-although it's tough if she doesn't see the need for help. However, I think the poster above had a good suggestion about considering an intervention. Hopefully, that would get your sister's attention. You also could look into something like Al-Anon, which provides support groups for family members of alcoholics. I'm sure many there have been in your shoes and would have some advice to offer your family. Finally, I came across this article while at Focus on the Family that may be helpful to your parents in responding to your sister. Just a thought. Well, I'll be praying for your you guys...