About 5 years ago I had an IUD inserted. A year later I had it removed. Since then I have had a severe infection that caused scarring in my uterus and fallopian tube. The doctors said that they would like to see if they could reconstruct my fallopian tube. We fear that I may have to get a hysterectomy at age 21. I have ended up with an ovarian cyst, and on average, about one UTI per month. I have been trying to get pregnant for a while now, but no success. Are there any signs I should be watching for, and is there a way to fix my problem without the medical attention that they suggest?

AN IUD can only cause problems while it is inside of you. IF you developed an infection AFTER the IUD removal, it is likely unrelated to the IUD.

Yeast infections and bacterial vaginosis must be handled quickly while using an IUD, as these could lead to PID.

I would recommend that you follow the advice of your doctors, IF you want to become pregnant.

i had an IUD put in last thursday since then i got an infection in my uterus i am on anitibiotics for the infection how long does it normally take for them to work?