So i was recently diagnosed with chlamydia and they gave me doxycycline and that made my symptoms a little better for a day or so the a few day they my symptoms got a lot worse, my symptoms are burning while urination and pain in the abdomen. So i went to urgent care and they said that i have pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). So they have me a shot of something i cant remember the name of and a one time 8 dose of azithromycin That same night i got really nauseated and diarrhea. I woke up at 2 in the morning in a lot of pain. I went to the bathroom and found blood. The pain im feeling is like my normal cramps but the blood is a little clotty and when i pee the burning is back again and pain in my stomach. What do i do? can is be my period or should i go to the doctor. If it is my period can that effect the meds?

Hi lily92! I read somewhere that s symptoms of Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID) vary from mild to severe. When PID is caused by chlamydial infection, a woman may be more likely to experience only mild symptoms even when serious damage is being done to her reproductive organs. Chlamydia can also cause fallopian tube infection without any symptoms. Because of vague symptoms, PID often goes unrecognized by women and their health care providers. Women who have symptoms of PID most commonly have lower abdominal pain. Other signs and symptoms include fever, unusual vaginal discharge that may have a foul odor, painful intercourse, painful urination, irregular menstrual bleeding, and pain in the right upper abdomen (rare). Concerning the symptoms you've described I believe you should go to the doctor. I hope this will help you and you'll get better soon.

PID will cause that. Bleeding, clots of black stuff, and extreme pain. My girlfriend has had PID for about 3 months now, and she bled from about 3 weeks. Just like a normal menstrual cycle. I will most likely continue to check this forum for people who may have signs of what my girlfriend and i have had. The pain is immense, and it is a very scary situation. If it goes untreated, you can become infertile. The main thing with it is, if you treat it, it could block your tubes still. This could cause an ectopic pregnancy, which means your baby grows in your tubes. You may have swelling in the lower abdominal region, which is from the PID as well.

It is extremely vital, that you get it treated (anyone else reading this). Good luck