I am 29 now and I had partial hysterectomy when I was 26. doctors told me I couldn’t get pregnant afterwards, but for the past 3 weeks I have symptoms of pregnancy. Is this even possible? I made pregnancy test, but was negative. Did it ever happen that a woman was pregnant after hysterectomy?

Hey there,
There are few cases reported of women being pregnant after hysterectomy, but are very rare. And is very dangerous… I read somewhere it could cause internal bleeding.
Hmmm… symptoms of pregnancy… maybe this is because of that … with partial hysterectomy you cannot get pregnant, but your ovaries still produce estrogen and of course release eggs… but egg is absorbed by your body…maybe is because of this you are feeling pregnancy signs..

I just wanted to say that yes it is possible to get pregnant after a partial hysterectomy..... my cousin "Brandy" was not able to get pregnant because of a cantalope sized cyst on one of her ovaries, so her Gyn did a partial to remove that ovary..... she still had one functioning ovary.... they told her it was VERY unlikely but possible, so she took and test and I now have a 5 year old second cousin named "Blake" , so yes, it is absolutely possible.... :-)

It all depends on the type of hyserectomy that you had if you had a partial, subtotal, or total hysterectomy? (subtotal and total) will not allow pregnancy because in most cased the uterus is removed however I have had problems with preg. like symptoms all my life and was diagnosed with hyperprolactinema, it is usually caused by a hormone secreting tumor on the pitutary gland which can lead to hormonal fluctuations and very ill like symptoms that can mimic pregnancy? ask your ob/gyn!! good luck

Hello:

I had a partial hysterectomy two years ago which left one ovary & one tube but I still want to get prenant; so if anyone know how I can enhance my chance of pregnancy including w/ numerous sexual pleasure I will appreciate your insight. Sincerly I want to become pregnant. :-D

I'm 29 & I had hysterectomy 3 years ago & have one ovary left. I would love to have a baby. I have all the pregnancy symptoms that just recently started about a month ago. Is this possible? Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!

I HAD A PARTIAL HYSTERECTOMY 12 YEARS AGO, IS IT STILL POSSIBLE FOR ME TO HAVE A BABY....I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE ONE WITH MY HUSBAND. EVEN IF IT HAS TO BE A SURROGATE PREGNANCY, I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF THEY ARE STILL ABLE TO REMOVE MY EGGS. XD

As long as you have an ovary you will produce eggs and that inturn can allow for your eggs to be taken out and implanted in a surrogate. You will just have to go through the fertility pills and all the stuff to get you and your surrogate's cycle on the same pattern so when they take the egg and fertilize it they can insert it in her and it will take. I hope I have helped.

I am interested in this also

I had a complete hysterectomy when I was 25 yrs old. I am now 30 yrs old and so desperately want to have a baby. Is there any way that I can carry a baby if someone donates an egg and it is fertilized with my husband's sperm and inserted into my abdomen?

My uterus was removed, but I have heard of intrabdominal pregnancy. Does anyone know if this can be done intentionally?

I HAD A HYSTERECTOMY 6 YEARS AGO BUT LATELY I HAVE BEEN WAKING UP REALLY SICK TO THE POINT OF FEELING ALL THE SYMPTOMS OF PREGNANCY BUT, I HAVE A KIDNEY DISEASE AND UNTIL TODAY ASSUMED IT WAS THAT BUT, MY DOCTOR THREW OUT THERE AND ASKED ME IF I COULD BE PREGNANT. WOW UNTIL SHE ASKED ME THAT AND I READ ALL THESE POSTINGS I NEVER THOUGHT FOR A SECOND I MAYBE PREGNANT. IT WOULD BE HORRIBLE BECAUSE I DONT HAVE A UTERUS. I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE ANOTHER CHILD BUT, IT WOULDNT LAST. I WAS WONDERING WHAT ARE THE ODDS OF THIS TRULY HAPPENING??? I NEVER HEARD THAT BEFORE UNTIL TODAY. SO IM GOING TO TAKE A TEST TOMORROW BUT, IT JUST DOESNT SEEM LIKE THAT COULD EVEN BE SLIGHTLY POSSIBLE. WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK?? I ONLY HAVE MY OVARIES LEFT

hermie0718 wrote:

i was 24 when i had my partial hystorectomy i am now 28 and want nothing more then to have a baby

I am 27. Had a hysterectomy at age 20 due to infection with the birth of my twins. I have one overy and tube left. I am so glad i found this site. This is something i think about all the time.I thought i was the only one.
Anyway i was watching Medical Incredible and this lady found out she was pregnant with twins. They later found a third baby growing outside the womb. it had attached to another organ, i think her bladder, and grew in a space in the abdomen, and it was indeed life threatening. At 5 or 6 months gestation they delivered the babies by cecarean. ALL THREE SURVIVED. I think this is amazing. I would love to have another-or two-babes.

I found this on The New England Jounal Site after typing in the serch for Pregnancy after hysterectomy.A 31-year-old woman underwent total abdominal hysterectomy for menorrhagia. Her reported last menstrual period had occurred six days before surgery. Twelve weeks after surgery, computed tomography of the abdomen and pelvis was performed because of persistent abdominal pain and revealed an intraabdominal pregnancy. The crown–rump length of the fetus was 6.3 cm, consistent with a gestation of 12 weeks and 5 days (±7 days). Laparotomy confirmed the intraabdominal pregnancy and showed placental tissue implanted on the broad ligament and ovary. The fetus was removed, and the patient was transferred to our institution, where she recovered without further treatment. We hypothesize . . . [Full Text of this Article]

I am 29 in January 2004 I was disgnosed with endometrial cancer. In February I had a hysterectomy. I believed at that time that it was a full hysterectomy. 2 years later Ibegan seeing a new doctor, during some random test I was informed that they seen what appeared to be a uterus. I went back to notes from my surgery and it stated that the uterus was removed and the ovaries were left. Long story short I am now 13weeks pregnant in a high risk prenancy. So I view it as God has the final say so...