I've been with my man for two years and I recently got diagnosed with chlamydia :( I truly believe he's been faithful so I'm wondering if the infection can lay dormant in the body??neither of us had symptoms!and also we were trying for a baby before I found out I had this and I've had it two years or longer do u think I'll b infertile now??

I understand where you're comeing from ; I'm currently in the same situation with my three year relationship. From googling and talking to my doctor. There are a few other ways of getting it.

one is Birds; Some birds are carryers of the bactera that cause chlamydia so if you've been to any pet shops theres one way

wipeing from back to front insteed of front to back according to my doctor

and regretfully I had found out after going back for my fallow up, my birthcontol had been takeing over by a new company , and they where useing Vaginal infections and other virus's in it along with the hormones that are supposed to help.

and of course intercourse.

Dont Leave him just yet; Because there is a chance hes not cheating on you.

It can lay dormant, just like every other STD. Chlamydia in the first stage causes infection of the mucosa of the lower reproductive tract, and commonly takes the form of an inflammation of the urethral tub or an infection of the cervix. In both cases women experience very few or no symptoms. When symptoms do occur it's very mild irritation or itching of the genital tissues, or a slight burning sensation during urination. Women's bodies are very well trained when it comes to pain and we have a very high pain tolerance so it could have been very easy to ignore these symptoms. As for infertility, it all depends on the stage chlamydia is in, and from my understanding, the chlamydia could have very well have changed into pelvic inflammatory disease after being untreated for so long. Even after PID has been treated, residual scar tissue in the fallopian tubes can leave some women sterile or an ecitopic pregnancy can occur which is VERY hazardous to YOUR health. Other helpful things to know is to not get an IUD, because this can carry the infection to the uterus. A baby can also develop Trachoma while in a uterus that's infected with chlamydia. Trachoma leads to blindness and premature birth. THE MOST IMPORTANT THING for you to remember is that women who have been infected with chlamydia are up to FIVE times more likely to become infected with HIV if exposed to it. SO KNOW YOUR FUTURE PARTNERS current standing when it comes to being checked for STD's..