I have just been diagnosed with hbp. I’m 45, female. I have never experienced any disturbing symptoms, although my pressure was much higher that normal. Actually, it was 145/110 last week, when I was on my routine check. The day after I had to measure it again, and it was the same, although I didn’t take my daily dose of caffeine. I have to start with meds and probably to take it life long. Does not sound very optimistically.

Hypertension rarely causes symptoms. And if do, they are not very disturbing, like headache, dizziness, you hardly connect them with a disease like hypertension. It is very important to keep blood pressure under control. I believe that you do not fell well bout your chronic therapy, but it happens to all of us. It is not just caffeine, cigarettes and salty food that can induce increased bp. It is global condition of your blood vessels’ walls and your complete cardiovascular system.