Is it safe to use ephedra free products along with hbp meds? I know that ephedrine increases blood pressure, so I guess that ephedra free products are safe. I need to lose on weight. Also because of hbp that suffer, it is needed to lose 6-8 kg. I saw some ads about ephedra free weight loss pills. Should I try?

I read an article recently about ephedra free weight loss pills that contained bitter orange instead of ephedra. Several studies that were done with xenadrine and adventra z indicated that there were adverse effects like increased heart rate. Bitter orange contains synephrin which is actually used in treatment of low blood pressure. So, it is not only ephedra that contains cardiovascular stimulators, but other, less popular herbs have ingredients that cause similar effects. I think that it is not safe to use ephedra free labelled products along with hypertension meds.