I measured blood pressure 3 days ago and it was 140/100 mm/Hg. The day after, it was in very normal levels, like 120/80 mmHg in the morning, but much higher in the evening. I’m 38, female and do not take hbp meds. I guess that I actually do not suffer from hypertension but from fluctuations in blood pressure. Are they treated and what cause them?

Fluctuations in blood pressure are caused by variety of factors, like daily fluctuations in hormone levels, time of the day, cigarette smoking, caffeine intake, stress, pain or anxiety, salty food intake etc. High blood pressure diagnosis can not be based on single hbp reading, but multiple bp readings. Obviously there is something that causes these fluctuations in your bp and you should try to figure it out. I also have daily bp fluctuations, but I do not know that have them if I do not measure my bp. My physician explained me that bp fluctuations are not problem as long as my bp turns back to a normal baseline.

I have been in the hospital for gallbladder and stones removal. I am 83 years old, I survived the surgery procedures OK and stayed in the hospital 7 days. On the second day after surgery I had a very low BP 66/45 and a low hemoglobin reading of 8.7,(apperently there was was some bleding caused by the surgery). So I received 2 units of blood. Soon the BP went nearly normal 120/70 and bolood checks indicated 11.7 hemogl. After 4 more days in the hospital I felt quite good and was released to go home.
Now is is almost 3 weeks at home and my recovery seem to be very slow, I can not seem to regain my strenth and energy. I try to eat as much as I can staying away high fat foods, but still feel weak and tired.
I have lost quite a bit of waigth also ( about 15 lbs).
I have been checking my BP 2-3 times/day and but latelly I found large BP luctuations, occasionlly from low 93/63 and hp 80 to 130/68/ hp76.
Question: what may be the cause of all this? Thank you!