Hi, I am a fifty three years old man. Some time ago I was having difficulties breathing. I went to see a doctor and he diagnosed me with hypertension. Some medication was prescribed to me. They were really good and the results were there. I stopped taking the drug. And just when I thought I was feeling better, the symptoms reoccurred. What should I do?

Hi, a lot of men suffer from high blood pressure. It is mostly caused by our unhealthy way of life. Living on fast track and eating unhealthy food are the foundation of hypertension. You did the best thing possible by going to the doctor. However, you must know that high blood pressure can not be cured. The good thing is that it can be held under control with the use of medication and the changes in the life style. It is a life long condition. You should not have stopped taking the medicine that the doctor has prescribed you. After all, he didnt order you to do this. It is not unusual that the symptoms have returned as soon as you have stopped taking the drugs. You must start taking the medicine again. If you dont, you are at risk of developing even more serious conditions and heart attack is one of the most serious ones. Also, go back to the doctor and tell him about this. You probably havent got much to worry about, but just in case talk to him.