I had laser prostate surgery 2 years ago at the VA Hospital in Boston MA. I am 62 years old now and use to visit this site before my procedure. Before the laser procedure I was in a lot of pain, could not urinate without the use of meds (Flomax) had trouble sitting down and a pain that radiated down my left leg. I was susceptible to kidney stones and passed many of them with a lot of bleeding. Other than this prostate problem I was in great health (not over weight don't smoke or drink). My laser procedure lasted more than 3 hours and the recovery involved a lot of the issues and symptoms described on this site: catheters, pain, bleeding etc for months. Today I would like to let the people who visit this site that I can urinate fine and just recently no more retrograde ejaculation. My sexual functions came back slowly over the past 6 months and no longer see a mixture of urine and seminal fluids the toilet bowl. It's strange I got use to retrograde ejaculation and now my fiancée carries around tissues again for the big mess I thought I would never see again. I hope this will help someone out there who is considering prostate laser surgery. Best of luck!

That gives me some hope. I don't have sex with anyone, but masturbate daily. Still nothing, some peple say no mess. But I don't feel satisfied with nothing coming out. I was having problems urinating,and  flomax will cause a resuduction on the amount of your semen. I had a Biopsy first. Even though he said that my prostate was not enlarged. When it came back negative he said the next step was laser surgery. I didn't know this would happen, and have been searching the internet to find a solution. I sometimes have a small amount of precum,but no ejaculation. Which I find strange since the precum comes from the same place the sperm should. The last time they removed the catheter, the nurse yanked it out quickly. I think that may have damaged the muscle that isn't working more than the surgery. I had went back because I still was bleeding weeks after surgery. The Dr. said it may get better or may not,and left. His attitude pissed me off. It would be different if it was his problem. I am 55,and not going to give up trying to find a solution.

I cant believe that the medical profession honestly believe that retrograde ejaculation can feel the same as normal ejaculation. My urologist told me the sex and the feeling would be exactly the same after the TURP operation than before I just wont dirty the sheets anymore. Well nobody could prepare me for that dreadful first time I had sex after the operation. To be honest my sex life is not remotely the same and I dont have 20% of the enjoyment and feeling of the climax that I had before the operation. How can you compare an ejaculation where everything explodes out of your penis after presure has been build up to a climax where the semen just flow slowely into your bladder.

I just talked with someone that went through the same thing. He said that he had a stint put in and things returned to normal. I have e-mailed my Dr.(PCP) and am waiting to hear back on what he finds out. We have been trying to work through this,mainly by researching on the net. The Uroligist can kiss my B***! He will never get near me again. They neglected to warn me I would ejaculate blood after the biopsy, which scared the hell out of me, then the retrograde after the surgery. My life hasn't beenn the same since. I will post as soon as I get any more info from the Dr. If this actually works, why the uroligist never mentioned it baffles me!! But then again,he wasn't the one with the problem!

I really hope that this stint is a thing that can do the trick. I wonder if a medical aid would pay for it. I live in South Africa and I think that kind of a thing would only reach us 20 years after you have it in America. Well after 2 years of hell I would try anything

Have you found out anything from your doctor on the "stint" insertion, if it is feasible and will it work???

Roland

I have a referral from my PCP. to see a uroligist. I also have the name of the Dr. that did this procedure for my friend. If you are close to Sarasoto,FL, message me and I will send you his info. If your Dr. is not familiar with this, he may want to call the Dr. in Sarasota to ask questions. But as soon as I find out more info I will post and keep you updated!!

Thanks so much for your post. It really does help to see someone who's come out on the shiny side of the road. Did you take or read any Super Beta Prostate supplement reviews before or during the procedure? Supplements like these have been shown to help significantly improve prostate health. 

***Post is edited by moderator *** Web addresses not allowed***Please read our Terms of Use

jerbrent, looking forward to your next post. I have had this problem for about two years and it's killing my sex life. My last post where I tried to send my email address was edited and rejected because my email address. I am very interested in finding out your Dr's. name that has done the procedure. I am in Fairfax, VA. Please keep us informed and if possible, place the Dr's. name in your next post to see if it gets by the censors.. Roland

Well, got delayed seeing the urologist, had rotator cuff surgery, OUCH! Went to the urologist a few days ago. This is what he told me. Yes a one time they would use stints. But it has pretty much been stopped. The reason being: when you have laser surgery it is to remove a blockage of the prostate closing the urethra. the surgery eliminates this blockage.
But the retrograde problem is usually because when they do surgery, the area beyond the blockage is now wider than the urethra which flows outward. So when you ejaculate it takes the pathway of least resistance, which is backward to the bladder. I ask if I had pre-cum, didn't it come from the same place as the seminal fluid and sperm comes from? He said no, there is a difference in seminal fluid made by the prostate and pre-cum. There are places in the penis along the urethra that produce pre-cum. So the appearance of pre-cum is not coming from the prostate. The problem with a stint is if the prostate grows inward again it grows around the stint, which makes it un-removable, thus creating more problems..
I have watched the infomercials and read about things that benefit the prostate. A long list including Saw Palmetto, Stinging Nettle, and other herbs and vitamins. I take several; vitamins D3, B complex /B12. ,E and C, along with my daily multi vitamin. Also saw palmetto, stinging nettle, cranberry concentrate(pill) and magnesium. I usually take part in the morning, and part in the evening with other meds I take. One other thing they say helps is prostate massage. I found it does help with the amount and intensity of orgasm. It is great if you have someone else to help with this, as it lets you concentrate on the pleasure more than what your doing. I sometimes use a narrow vibrator , which helps, but doesn't seem to be as effective as a finger massage. I am going to explore a few other options, but will see what happens before I give advice on them. Note: the hard plastic items sold as prostate massagers, I have found do very little good. I wouldn't waste my money on one. The finger is better at finding the right spots that intensifies things. And please, don't think of a prostate massage as being a "gay thing" . It has the same effect whether your wife, girlfriend, or partner helps out. The prostate is just the male G-Spot. Sorry the news wasn't better, but I will continue to explore to see if I can find a solution.

JERBRENT got your message from the site that you are trying to get in touch with me. I also found an interesting article on Collagen injections for this problem. Plan on exploring it with my urologist. Will keep you informed. I have attached a link to the article below:

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed***Please read our Terms of Use

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed***Please read our Terms of Use

i had holep surgery in the uk 8 weeks ago and have retro ejaculation. hope i get similiar results as yourself within time

Jerbrent,

I also have RE and have given up on any urologist to solve my problem. Have you had any success with "stent" or the urologist near Sarasota, FL?

Had turp 2 years ago, sex and the feeling of a good climax are gone sinds i have that RE, it left me verry deprest and my wife dos not like it eader

Very interesting to read these posts - I had a TURP procedure in the UK two years ago and was not informed about possibility of RE until very close to the surgery actually happening and it was played down. I have researched online and found very little on this, the reality of it is that although I am not concerned from a fertility perspective, it does bother me a lot from a sexual angle. The reaity for others though is far worse, it prevents fatherhood without a good deal of intrusive action. Now, if I was seriously obese, they could insert a band to stop me eating too much, so why can't they insert a smaller band to narrow the entrance to the bladder just enough to prevent RE? I wrote to a urologist online and received no reply. I am convinced that if one of them had the same problem, a solution would be round the corner.