I started getting a slight pain in my prostate in early OCTOBER.
Since i have had a prostate infection about 8-9 tears ago, I went to
My doctor and he prescribed an antibiotic, DOXYCYCINE.
After some weeks had passed and the pain getting worse my doctor
Prescribed another drug he said would go right to the source and
kill it ,TRIMETHOPRIM. Needless to say the pain was getting more intense
each day.....this time he prescribed CEPHALEX.
In a few weeks i was back in to see my doctor, in very bad pain.
He was going to book me with a local urologist who I had seen the previous time
that I had an infection.

The urologist was on holidays and I was booked for an appointment in about
2 months.
The pain intensified so badly i ended up in the local hospital emergency
for about a week. In that time a digital exam found nothing, and a
urine sample tested okay.
They performed an x-ray, cat scan, and the urologist did a scope found
no problem, but prescribes a trial dose of XATROL, an alpha blocker
designed to relax the muscles of the bladder and prostate, which
I found to be of no help.
I was released from the hospital and prescribed CIPRO and OXYCOCET.

During the next few weeks the pain slowly returned and got so bad a
Doctor friend (physiatrist) took me to a different hospital emergency.
Examined by 3 different doctors while i was there, one said my prostate
felt boggy, the other 2 said it felt normal. They did all the tests that were
performed in the first hospital with no real problem. The urologist
performed a scope and said there were no real problems, other than i
was a little tight and he said he opened me up a little.
I was in this hospital for about a week. I was given Cipro daily,
XATROL before bed each night.
Every morning and evening I was given an INDOTEC suppository, an
anti-inflammatory drug.
At the end of the week the chief surgeon said they could find no infection
or swelling of the prostate and prescribed CIPRO and BIAXIN on my release.

It has been about 3 months since this pain started. The pain has not been
So intense since, but is still with me day and night. At night it takes quite a
while to get to sleep, but when i do that is the only relief i get.

I have tried various pain killers OXYCOCET, RATIO-LENOLTEC, DILAUDID, and AMITRIPTYLINE.
None of which has helped, my doctor said i have run out of options for pain killers.
SITZ baths help to sooth the pain but returns not long after i am done.
I am also still taking the XATRAL alpha blocker hoping that it will help, and
CIPRO.
My doctor is trying to book me to have an MRI, I hope that will find something.
I can not figure out why there is no progress from one day to the next, my
doctor cannot understand why i have this pain. He said all tests show my
prostate to be normal, and there should be no pain.

All i know that my quality of life at this time is very low. I have pain daily.
I cannot sit, it causes the pain to intensify.
I cannot walk my dog or leave my house as walking also causes the pain to intensify.
I tried going to the mall to Cristmas shop with my Daughter.The pain would get so bad
from walking i would have to stand in one spot till it let up a little.
The pain distracts me from enjoying everything in life. I really miss spending
time with my grandchildren, and the little things in life.
I wish I had my life back.

I have recently been diagnosed with swollen prostate. Hurts like hell after i walk. taking cardura. am Diabetic so need to walk to control my glucose levels. What should i do?

I had a similar problem with prostate pain. A dull pain that won't go away and gets worst from sitting for long periods. I had a PSA of 3. The urologist did a biopsy. No cancer. He also gave me cipro, then tried 2 other antibiotics to no avail. I guess there was no infection. I did some research on line and tried different supplements that might be good for the prostate including quercetin, lycopene, different spices, zinc, vit. D etc. I also took Beta Sitosterol which you can get at any vitamin store but I took a lower dosage than recommended. Nothing happened. I increased the dose according to the direction and the pain went away. I am not sure if it's coincidental or what but my prostate is happy for a few weeks now. The product was from Puritan Pride, Phytosterol Complex No. 13981. It's a Beta Sitosterol. It's worth a try. Next month I'm going for another PSA. We'll see.

I'm not sure if you're still having these problems, but i wanted to know if you han have any help .My question to you is have you tried any herbal therapy.The way i see it is all these drugs will develop into something else.If you have any questions about herbal there]apy maybe i can help.

**edited by moderator**

Hi, i am having the same symptoms. I was diagnosed with enlarged prostate (slight enlargement based on tests) recentlly. It it hurts when i walk, i get this burning sensation in the bladder area. I would like to know whether taking cardura reduced the pain for you. Please advice whether any other drug did the trick. Im in my early 30's and desparately looking for some suggestions.

Joe Jared

I have the exact same symptoms as all of you guys. All started in late November, now it's the first of February. My physician had me on two complete rounds of anibiotics, pain still persisted. All urine and semen cultures came back negative, no bacteria. Ultra sound of bladder and kidneys came back negative, as well as an unremarkable CT Scan. I'm scheduled for a prostate ultrasound next week. My PSA is 0.4.

Honestly, I've had all kinds of medical events in my life, but nothing compares to he discomfort I am experiencing with this pain. I honestly have not sat down comfortably in 8 weeks.

Keep posted, please,
Norm in SoCal

I am 24, and am experiencing the same symptoms. The first day of pain started in my left testicle however, and i had no pain on prostate. two days later, my prostate is in an enormous amount of pain, this discomfort is ridiculous. I had an ultrasound on testes and everything is peachy. My doctors put me on meds for Prostititous I think its called. God let this medicine cure me! Apparently, its the male form of a urinary tract infection....it travels to the prostate and the bacteria takes over. These infections can sometimes be veryyyy difficult to clear up, and may require surgery in severe cases...lets hope im not one of them.

Try to not sit in your prostate, it help me a lot.

By not siting in your prostate I mean, make sure your height is distributed by your no pelvic parts. Try siting as litle of your butt as possible, just make sure that the place here your prostate is dont touch anything.

I am sorry for my english, I hope it helps.

I have been through it all. Check out something called the Pudendal Nerve. When this nerve gets entrapped it can mimick a non-bacterial prostate problem, bladder infections, cause penile/bladder pain and all sort of havoc in your life. Quality of can become nill. It did with me. It basically innervates the bladder, sphincter, prostate, etc... It can cause pain and numbness from the bladder down to the feet. I had penile pain, bladder pain and urination frequency like you couldn't believe. And they all moved around regularly. Be carefull with anti-biotics that doctors give indiscriminately, especially for this area. They may make the problem possibly worse. Because if you get a yeast infection (your tongue gets badly coated, and you begin to feel regularly drunk, without drinking) this will also cause the same symptoms as a prostate infection. Then you will not know which way to go.
Now let me tell you how I alleviated symptoms that lasted fifteen years and countless doctors and tests couldn't find, let alone cure. So the first thing to do: Begin stretching out the hip, perriformis and Illiopsoas muscles like a chinese acrobat. At first the symptoms may begin to shift. If this happens you'll definately know you're on the right track. Find out how to stretch properly, not overstretching, but doing it regularly, slow and steady for three or four days to see the results. This is how long it took me to finally get a sleepful night.
Now, if you don't know what these muscles are get a book. Four to five stretches will only be necessary if they're the right ones. There's not a lot for this area so you can't get too confused.
There are also tests for this but the doctors are limited. In Europe they are much more aware of this. Check out Pudendal Info. com willl give you more info.
By the way, this is actually called cyclers-disease. Athletes get it a lot, people who worked the lower part of their body, did high-school/college sports, etc... But anyone can get it. It's becomming known as the answer to the mystery of non-bacterial prostatitis.
Good Luck.

I have had the exact same problem for years , but to me it seemed to be a sexual problem.
If i get a real orgasm the pain clears for day's.

After my wife and me made an agreement of having sex atleast once a week, it stopped all together.
but if we let it go too long between it returns.

For me it has to bee a real orgasm with my wife to get any effect.
I don't know why, it's a mistery to me???

JW, has nobody checked this site ? I have the same problem and im only 17

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

did any of u get a psa test? is it possible that some of u have prostate cancer? i have experienced perineal pain for the past six months. primary care doctor performed a dre and confirmed enlarged prostate. prescribe two series of antibiotics. did not help. referred to a urologist. he has done several psa tests with results from 3.2 to 6.9 and now back to four. not taking any meds now but do take saw palmetto. this was recommended by primary doctor. i believe the jury is still out on possible benefits of this supplement. hot bath seems to help qa bit. prolonged sitting really gets the pain going.

Code:

I have the same thing you have !!!!! Try prosta-Q and tell me if that helps!! ***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **

Please read our Terms of Use

I been through the same process. I have had surgery I have tried every antibiotic there is and tne pain won;t go away . When I have sex I get this tingling feeling in my face. pass gas and stomach feels funny. Then here comes the pain in the prostate . can someone tell me whats wrong ! the doctor don't seem to have a clue. Plese help.

I SUFFER IRRITation in the prostate, especially after ejaculation.