I recently quit smoking weed because of it and I'm not exactly sure what's wrong with me when I smoke. I've been sober for almost four weeks now but, I've been smoking for the last eight almost nine years and I've never had this reaction before. It happened a couple times because I wanted to make sure it wasn't the specific kind of weed I was smoking and it definitely isn't. I have smoked all kinds of weed over the years whether it be schwag or dro. I know it's not because I couldn't handle the potency either.
The first time it happened I was over at my friends house and we were sitting in his garage smoking a dro bowl out of his bong. We each took a huge hit and stopped after we started coughing. We then went back inside and into his room and just chilled watching TV, I started getting an extremely weird sensation all throughout my legs and the lower half of my body. It was a harsh tingling feeling that slowly got colder and colder as I laid on his couch. I started to feel like I wasn't breathing so I put my hand on my chest and felt that I, in fact, was. My heart was beating slightly slow but that always happens, then I started getting an uncomfortable feeling under me, it almost felt like I was going to piss myself. I walked into the restroom and used the toilet then walked back to his room and the feeling still wouldn't go away. It wasn't the feeling of pressure but a damp feeling I knew wasn't actually there, I kept feeling my legs and readjusting my pants just to make sure, this all lasted for about an hour. After a little while I had to go home so we got in my friends car and while he was driving me the feeling went away but the street lights started getting brighter and growing/fanning out to make a pattern that looked like the petals of flowers with rainbows around them. I disregarded this as a flashback because I had done shrooms shortly before that. I was guessing that it was just a reaction to the shrooms still in my system mixed with the weed.
The second time it happened I was, again, with friends and we were sitting on his couch in the living room and I smoked a little out of the pipe that was going around since my first reaction was still freaking me out a little. I got a different sensation this time that started on the top of my head. It was hot/warm and it was tingling, it started moving down the back of my neck on my spine and then moved to my chest and got extremely cold. I all of a sudden couldn't feel myself breathing, again, so I put my hand to my chest and calmed myself down. It only lasted for about ten minutes then went away so I didn't smoke again for the rest of the night.
The third time it happened I was at my friends apartment during his birthday party and I decided to try only taking a hit or two and see if it was the amount I was smoking had anything to do with it. I ended up also smoking salvia, low grade, and holding it in for about twenty-twenty five seconds. It ended up only making it worse and I felt extremely uncomfortable for the rest of the night until I started walking around. At first it was different, I got very cold and felt like I was leaning to the right even though I was sitting up straight. I told one of my friends that and they said it was pretty common so I didn't think much of it. After a little while it still wasn't going away and I slowly started feeling worse, one of my friends said something to me but I couldn't comprehend what he was saying so I tried to respond and I couldn't talk at all. It was unnerving and i sat in silence for about thirty minutes before I asked for water. That still didn't help and it only made me feel more uncomfortable. After that I had one of my friends take me home and the feeling completely disappeared.
After all of this happened I decided to completely stop smoking and doing any other kind of drug. I talked to my friends older brother because he had also quit smoking and he told me why he quit. He had gotten the same exact feeling I had gotten during my second experience and told me it could me some kind of allergic reaction. I'm not so sure, I have never heard of anyone else with these experiences and I've been looking online a lot and there's nothing even remotely similar that I could find.
If anyone has any idea about what's wrong with me I'd really appreciate a response of any kind, whether it be opinion or fact.
If it helps, I've been smoking since I was ten and I am now eighteen, almost nineteen. I was also told it could be something pertaining to puberty but I have no idea.

hey dude i find this extremely weird, because i too have a story that was similar if not identical to the story youre telling.

Im 17, i started smokin at age 15, and before the end of last year i had never had a bad reaction to weed.

so basically in like november of 2009 everytime i smoked i got a weird feeling, and i felt like if i didnt fight the feeling, something extremely bad was going to happen, i didnt know what was going to happen, but it was something horrible. the feeling is somewhat like a body high, but very different because you can feel it moving through your body. basically it started out with just the tingles and me feeling like i was going to piss myself. then it started to feel like i was about to c**p myself. then i started hallucinating this weird damp feeling and i felt like i crapped myself... but i didnt. like i litterally felt stuff running down my legs, and i felt extremely uncomfortable, even after i checked and knew i didnt c**p myself. i have no idea why this happend, but i felt like there was two roads to go down. one road felt like a dream, the other like a nightmare. I have an idea of what is going on, but not really sure... oh and one thing i noticed is, it only starts to happen when the seasons start to change to fall/winter, in the spring/summer it never happens. ( this isnt in real depth because i was in a hurry, but you get the point.)

if you want to talk more, reply and ill get you an IM or something, because im still trying to figure this out also, its been almost a whole year for me now.

Thanks for the input and I'm glad I'm not the only one with the same unexplained occurrences happening. It was pissing my off that I couldn't find anything online to compare to what was happening with me.
Have you tried starting up again? I want to but then again I don't, what happened before was already sketchy and I don't know if it will end up making anything permanent. I talked to my friend's brother again and he told me he had tried quitting and starting up again and all was good for a little while. He started getting weird feelings again after that and he completely quit smoking for almost 2 1/2 years now.

honestly bro, idk i want to start smoking again, but i honestly dont know bro.

because when i was where your at right now i didnt stop, just thought, well maybe if i just keep smoking ill get used to it... but i never got used to it.. who knows, maybe i gave up too fast, but do whatever makes most sense for you bro.

oh and one thing you might want to do would be go to church and get close to god, because if it keeps happening, youre in for one hell of a ride, trust me..

Thanks but no, I'm not the religious type. I think I'll just completely quit with weed altogether, I'll just stick to drinking and cigarettes til I quit those too. Hopefully I'll find some kind of answer for what's been going on but, until then I'm done. Thanks for the replies and input.

Hi all. I have been reading your posts, and I think I have a lot of the same symptoms as some of you, although I have been smoking much longer. I have been a regular pot smoker for some 16 years now. Never had a problem with any type of bud...I usually smoke high-grade stuff. One night after work I smoked as usual, and after 10 minutes developed a "strange feeling" like a caving-in feeling like I was going to stroke out or go into a seizure or something. I can feel tingliness/hot going through my body and the feeling like I could sh*t myself or something. I get white as a ghost and can't really feel myself breathe...totally weird. It only lasts like 10-30 minutes, and It has only happened 2 or 3 times but I'm getting to the point where I think I might give it up altogether. It also is only when I am smoking higher grade pot, but like I said i have been smoking for years, multiple times daily. Please let me know if anyone else knows what may be causing this, it will be greatly appreciated...I have been driving myself crazy!

My daughter smoked pot about 6 times on the 6th time she had a reaction .... This is how she explained it to me. She say she couldn't breath her legs and arms felt not attached like she couldn't control them. She felt as though she was above her body. Out of body felt weak and very uncomfortable. Scared no doubt. She has had panic attacks in the past and is a very sensitive girl. now a week later when she has a panic attack she relives tis pot reaction. When I was about 16 I smoked pot for the first time and had the exact reaction. Out of body. I am a nurse now. And I believe we are allergic to the THC and the our body makeup's so much alike that we carried maybe the same genetic allegic reaction. It is hard to find info on this subject and very hard to explain that feeling.

You should all quit drinking, smoking AND doing drugs!!!!! It will do you good! :D

e wrote:

This sounds like Anxiety to me

The doctor try to tell me it was Canibinoid Toxicity.

ive get something similar to the first symptom youre describing, ive been a smoker for 3-4 years now and for the last 6 or maybe more months every time i get stoned in a friends car i feel like suddenly i really need a piss and im going to wet myself, or sometimes even c**p, and ive had weird sensations where i can actually feel piss running down my legs or feel wetness like i have pissed myself, but its never actually happened.. i know its just paranoia, once you get an idea into your head when your stoned its all you can focus on especially if its a worrying or embarrassing one. i just wish i knew how to conrtol it because even though every time i know im just being paranoid but then it feels so real and its like having a mini panic attack..

Funny im tryna google things cause im feeling the same thing on my lower hand it started with my feet ant I stopped smoking dutches cause of.it and it stopped when I smoke joints it doesnt happen but latly its been comin back like now im hiiggghg tryna fingure this out but glad to see im not just paranoid!!

im 28 now, been smoking since i was 13... i have never felt these feelings (well, one time the room spun and i had to lay down on the cold tiled floor for a moment, collect my thoughts lol)... but my bf (30, smoking since 13 aswell) felt like this - and he has been told by a professional its symptoms of anxiety as well as an underlying thyroid problem (overactive)... he's changed his diet and started exercising a little more... result: anxiety disappeared and thyroid straightened itself out - smokin like a champion!....... the only thing i can suggest is be upfront with your doctor, everyone is different so its better to make SURE you know the answer and not just rely on self-diagnosis....

e wrote:

u r tripping, calm down and dont worry. the weed you smoked that u thought was dro, is government weed that contains different forms of genetically changed thc. Which is more harmful then a naturally grown plant.