I was wondering if there is a safe dosage recommendation for a 10 year old weighing around 75lbs. for L-Theanine to be used to treat ADHD?

Kids with ADHD may probably get worse from excess relaxation alpha brainwaves created. To concentrate the brain needs faster brainwaves in the SMR and Beta bandwidth. Caffeine may stimulate Beta activity. Although Another notable effect of caffeine is that it reduces the blood flow in the brain. This is similar to the effect of ADHD medications, such as Ritalin, that are stimulants, effect dopamine levels and cerebral blood flow. The cognitive effects of caffeine are also similar to ADD / ADHD medication. It makes users better a rapidly processing information and paying attention.

Studies on non-ADHD school children and caffeine are mixed. A 1987 study on Kindergarden children found no noticeable effect where as a 1994 on prepubertal children found that it did improve attention and manual dexterity. On children with ADD / ADHD the results are bit more promising. A 1973 pilot study used two cups of coffee a day as an alternative for medications and the results were promising. In 1981 caffeine was used as an alternative and as a supplement to medication. It found that caffeine in low dosage had the same effect as 10 mg of methylphenidate. ------------- If my child had ADD / ADHD... I WOULD TALK TO MY DOCTOR TO JUDGE THE SAFETY OF AUDIO BRAINWAVE ENTRAINMENT CDs JUST BE MAKE SURE MY CHILD WASNT EPILEPTIC IN ANYWAY. I WOULD ALSO HELP MY CHILD WITH ALTERNATE NOSTRIL BREATHING EXERCISES IN YOGA ( do these gently breathing in or out too HARD can be very dangerous) and most importantly - I WOULD GIVE MY CHILD PLENTY OF FISH OIL :-)

Check out this video, it might help you, it gives information about one of the main developers of L-theanine. Hope it helps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B45h0X4XeV0