Been a major weed-head for 15 years and loved weed i would smoke it and get motivated and enjoy everything I loved getting high with my friends and playing some vids or doing some sports or going to the river or whatever it was all good as long as I was high.  But then one day everything changed.

I smoked some weed one time and had a major panic attack the first one of my life thought i was going to have a heart attack and die my heart beating out of my chest so fast and hard, legs shaking uncontrollably my hands and then arms went completely numb, had to call my brother to take me to the ER.  But by the time he got there the panic had passed mostly thank god.

Since then every single time i smoke weed even a little bit I have major anxiety and I pace around like a madman for 40 minutes lifting arm weights i am so anxious and restless, sometimes get pain in my chest and my legs shake and feel a bit like i cant breathe, after about 40 minutes it passes tho and i feel great.  I have my appetite back, my libido back, and i feel relaxed and can sleep deeply oh how i miss that type of sleep it feels so good.

I had to quit because of the panic but the problem is now I feel severe depression and mid level anxiety all the time I realize that smoking weed was my favorite thing to do in life and I feel like now I cant enjoy anything I used to and I cant relax and enjoy anything cant watch tv or play games anymore i am anxious always and cant focus on external things I cant seem to ever get relaxed enough to get quality sleep and I have also completely lost my appetite but I force myself to eat because when i dont anxiety gets worse from the low blood sugar but food does not taste good

also i have resorted to drinking in the morning.  i feel very disturbed when i wake up and want to smoke weed so bad but i fear the panic so much

with no weed to relieve my stress i smoke ALOT of cigarrettes too and i have been wheezing lately because of this also coughing up speckled tar mucus.  Alot of times I feel like i am not breathing correctly maybe because anxiety or maybe from smoking it is a feeling like I am breathing but no oxygen is getting absorbed.  lots of deep breaths and sighs.  exercise seems to help alot with this but the feeling comes back about 30 minutes after.

ive also had issues with my digestion since quitting weed it is terribly upset always makes gassy noises all the time and i feel malaise

its odd the panic after smoking weed always happens the first time in the day that i smoke it if i smoke it again after that i usually am fine

the massive adrenaline release after smoking weed worries me greatly like there maybe something wrong with my adrenal glands or heart or lungs

it seems crazy to me now that people smoke weed in public there is no way i could do that now even smoking with my friends which i used to do all the time is pretty much out of the question now but i am around them and they are smoking weed constantly and i smell it it smells SO good my brain is telling me i want to smoke it so bad but the fear of panic holds me back

im seriously thinking of smoking weed and just suffering through the panic so i can feel somewhat good later because without it I do not ever feel good and I feel like life sucks.  The truth is I'm not sure I want to live without weed.  but the panic is undescribable terror i cant think of anything worse.  sometimes it is not so bad tho well its always bad but sometimes worse than others.  now i am of course filled with apprehension of the panic every time i smoke weed and that cannot be helping.

also now every time i drink and then smoke weed my heart beats out of my chest and it is beating so hard it actually pushes air out of my throat its like a mini burp with every beat and the beats are so forceful and LOUD and FAST i am SURE my heart will fail at any moment and i will die.

I been  a 16 year smoker and my whole life revolved around weed I sold it and that is how I made all my friends and I used to smoke a ton of it all the time.  I remember when I would run out and me and my friends would finally find a bag and how happy and exited I would be god I miss that

i havent been able to hold a job now for a couple years, before the weed used to relax me and keep me even-keeled and i was able to focus on my job, but now i am pretty much an emotional wreck all the time and i cant interact with the public or co-workers in that state.  now i get SSI because i cant work and i have alot of money but no amount of money can help me it seems...

im at the point now where im really paranoid about my breathing and i'm thinking that may have alot to do with my panic i breathe shallow and fast ive read some articles about overbreathing and how it causes anxiety which causes more rapid breathing which causes more anxiety and on and on well maybe im just paranoid or maybe not.  all i know is exercise makes me breathe correctly for a while and that lessens my anxiety.  Im going to stop smoking cigarettes as well although i am skeptical that will help much as its probably more anxiety and i have quit before and not much changed exept i had MORE anxiety.  but im so worried about my breathing now that i feel like i have to quit cigarrettes to eliminate the possibility it could be messing up my breathing.  plus as i said before i cough up stuff and starting to wheeze

its pretty obvious all i do is worry.  but give me some weed and a while later my worry will be gone i will feel good and healthy and breathing perfectly.  a while after smoking weed my family and friends always tell me they see i big difference in me like i am much happier and much nicer to everyone.

this has tied my  soul in a knot, all i want is to feel good and happy sometimes... otherwise what is the point in living

i want to be able to smoke weed again without the panic

thank you for taking the time to read my long assed post haha.... any advice please

You said any advice, so...

I believe that God created us to need and want him.  If we were created this way then anything we try to replace this need with with only cause problems.  My advice is to turn to God every time you have a need, instead of chosing something that is unhealthy.  You wouldn't put something other then gas in your car to make it run, would you?  May God bless you and keep you.

thank you for your reply. i do pray to god at times and it helps somewhat, problem is i am a skeptic, i really want to believe but i see no proof and all science seems against it and there are so many unhappy people in this world it is sad. as far a believing in jesus i doubt that highly but i do believe in a god of sorts... problem is these religions are all written by men for various and mostly selfish reasons or to control a populace in my opinion. but maybe i should just have blind faith because it may help me with my dark view of the world while sober.

as far as you saying that weed is unheathy i totally disagree after smoking i feel 1000 percent more heathly physically and mentally and spiritually.

i realize i have bad anxiety issues and i have been sober for months and it does not improve it gets worse usually. my doctor has put me on valium which helps but not nearly as much as weed and i think it makes my depression worse at times and i realize i am becoming dependent on it and it is creating bad withdrawl symptoms when i dont take it or run out

i realize i am just trading one drug for others in order to deal with my anxiety and depression and i feel like this is what everyone does so worshipping god is your drug of choice certainly more healthy than most other drugs

problem is these drugs i am substituting for weed (alcohol, valium) are taking me to a dark place i can tell, i feel like i am gonna die if i continue down this road. if i could just smoke weed again i could feel so much better and healthier and it is so much more effective, and i could enjoy my life

i often experience epiphanies on weed and these help me so much with my life. i often wonder if others who dont smoke weed ever truly have any joy or peacefulness in their life or if life just a long suffering chore for them, just a rat race with the end result being death everything i have seen points to that being true and it fills me with sadness

there are good things in life which i guess others live for there is love, the natural high you get from exercise, games and music, and sunlight, freinds, rivers and mountains... but i feel so incredibly stressed out all the time i cant enjoy these things and it makes me not want to live

i just go on and on dont i i apologise but these things are disturbing me greatly and i think maybe its therapeutic for me to type these things down but maybe i should just keep it to myself

how about bio-fuels? I'd put that in my car. I dont think gas is the ONLY thing to work in a car. but cheers if you have a "fuel" that works for you mate.

I had similiar experiences after smoking weed for several years. I stopped smoking it regularely mainly because I didn't have extra cash and I noticed that I was angry/stressed alot and felt better when I smoked weed. Then I started to get paranoid when I smoked weed, it wasn't helping the stress anymore, and I quit. After time went by I started having panic attacks that had nothing to do with smoking weed and that freaked me out. I understand what you are saying when you wonder if people who don't smoke weed accually enjoy life etc. There is no easy answer for you, but I can tell you what has worked for me. I started to read the Bible. Then I decided that I couldn't live like I was living anymore. I prayed to Jesus that He would help me like He has helped so many other people. I was encouraged to seek counselling to discover the roots of the pain in my life that caused me to smoke weed, and drink. I learned that I had been using weed to medicate myself because I was unhappy. (I am giving you the simple version) I have learned new ways to deal with pain in my life now and I can tell you the truth, that I feel joy and hope now. I enjoy my family, I have good friends, a job I enjoy and best of all I enjoy peace of mind :) so the person who originally offerred you advice is on the right track. Try relaxation techniques for anxiety and may the God who gave me back my life be your source of healing as well.

Just a thought, bcuz I don't smoke for many of the similar experience with smoking. Since marijuana heightens your already existing emotional-state, than maybe it would help to build up a calm relaxed state before smoking... there are herbs you can take that help you relax, such as Kava Kava or Valerian... Deep down I think the body crave "THC", although are everyday lives can provide havoc that causes us to not be able to just enjoy being high like when we were '16'. <3
Peace.

Quit smoking weed. If you have panic and anxiety attacks, weed tends to aggravate it as opposed to it relaxing people that don't have anxiety. No matter how you try it, the results will be the same, you will freak out , heart races like you are going to have a heart attack , its awful. The worst part, when you stop smoking, it can get you into depression and worsen it if you already have it. All this happened to me over and over before i finally realized weed will not work well in my system with the panic attack, anxiety and depression that i have. I learnt the hard horrible way. Stop smoking now and don't do it again.

My advice is, only smoke weed if your feeling relaxed already and want to enjoy it, make sure your not alone tho, for me there is nothing worse than smoking alone,

Don't smoke everyday as well normally people that smoke weed at least 1 spliff or 1 bong a day have more chances of getting panic attacks and that might be your body telling you something, I used to have panic attacks when I used to smoke weed but then again it was related with depression.

People think that because weed its a herb its harmless but it isn't, it works like a medicine, if you abuse of it, it's going to stop making good things and its going to start doing some bad things. The way i see it its you have to control your own head. For what i read I feel your like addicted to weed ( and weed addiction comes from your mind the thought of wanting more weed just like when you finish some cake and there is no more cake you want more cake it's kinda how it works the more you smoke the more you want silly example i know, the way you stop this is get yourself busy doing something that isn't related with the thought of smoking weed) plus I am not telling you to stop smoking weed at 100% just at 80%, I try to smoke every time I can like when I see some old high buddy I try and smoke one with him to remind how good it was when we was young, look smoke like twice a week thats a good thing , you don't have to reduce all at once you can just smoke 1 every 2 days and then 1 every 3 days you know what I mean? Tricking your brain it's the key.

When your having your panic attacks, well one thing that help me go through besides walking from my living room to my kitchen was cooking, it distracted me from the thought of " oh no my heart its pounding so hard, oh i am gonna die OH sh*t GOD WHYY WHYY" 

I read some comments above talking about how they found healing through praying and all of that, well I don't know much about it my mother she prays a lot she has a lot of faith in God and to be honest I thought he didn't exist until the day when i was having a panic attack and i prayed not asking it to stop or not to die but i just prayed and i was feeling so good, relaxed tho i was feeling chest pains ( because its normal to have chest pains when you have a panic attack) but it was like nothing else matter, I was feeling good and no pain could bring me down, thats when I started doubting if He was real ... and now a days I don't go to church or nothing similar I don't pray everyday but I still belive he is up there looking for us and trying to protect us, this helped me a lot in the future panic attacks I had, cus i wasn't stressing so much first because i knew it already what it was and then cus i knew He wasn't gonna allow bad things to happend to me.

Well I hope this helped you anyway :)

Hope you get better soon.

I know your pain. After reading your post I realized me and you are twins in this battle. If I didn't know better I would say that you followed me around and wrote this post about me. It's been a year since I quit and here a few months back I started smoking but now I quit again but wended myself off. I can tell u it will get better. I find reading to help me cope tremendously. Trust me you will get better. I thought my life was over and I longed to feel as human as I did before I ever picked up the stuff. With that said the green is a great medicine if used correctly. I remember smoking 2-3 grams a day. With that kind of tolerance it's expected to manifest symptoms of uneasiness. I really hope that u don't give up and just keep a positive outlook. It takes time to heal.

Hi I don't smoke, but my husband does, so I live with the side effects of living with a partner with long term drug use. 20 years smoking -yes i was laughing and mucking around at first then habitual smoking turned into addiction smoking. I think that is what everyone is talking about, Smoking pot turns into a full on addiction like every other drug being from cigarets to alcohol, then to pot and harder drugs. I love my husband but I hate the unknown mood or the ups and then downs. You don't know what's next, the next big plan, or going to bed for a rest that turns into a sleep. We have kids and I hate trying to make excuses for him. He is good most of the time but I can't explain where he is for 15 min every now and again. There will be a time when I hope I don't have to. The problem is the addiction, some people can cope or move on and some people get totally absorbed into it. I think that's life, my life has led me here to this point or my life has made me stronger to deal with this now. However it's all the same-addiction , and how to overcome it. Tell me what you think.

i have smoked weed for 34 years and now i have started panic attacks and stress i stopped 8 days ago

Addiction can be brought on from the power of a drug or the weakness of a person and more prescription medication is being abused than any other because people believe in their mind that it's ok to take the medicine the way they are for whatever reason prescribed and become addicted because the power the drug has on the body and mind. With that said I think your husbands problem lies with his weakness to not be able to go without smoking. That was my biggest hurdle. I know people who dont smoke before they go out in public or to work and only when they are home for the night to wind down . Research conducted on cannibas has proven that different strains will Have different effects from alertness to hunger to being stoned or creativity. So cannibas can relax u or you can become dependent on the power to make you feel better. So unless prescribed cannibas keep usage to a minimum and take breaks from it and the high will be more enjoyable and less dependent because without a medical issue out bodies do just fine on there own.

Well, I had not smoked for a few months because smoking started giving me severe anxiety and panic. Then someone gave me a few joints and I couldn't resist but it was a huge mistake!! For the last two days I have felt like I am dying of anxiety and nothing I do relieves it at all. I just hope it doesn't last much longer or I may kill myself. I have been smoking weed for 20 years and trying to quit for 5 years because of anxiety related to smoking it. I will have severe anxiety after quitting for a while and it makes me want to smoke but it's always a mistake. I don't know what happened but I used to love smoking and it really did seem to make me happier and all of a sudden it became a nightmare I can't escape from. It has even occurred to me that I picked up an entity attachment while stoned. Google this if you don't know what it means.

i know what it means i have done 19 days now with no problems so far

Well I am happy for you! Good Luck to you too.