Last saturday i was partying and drinking heavily with some friends and one of the guys had some coke, so in my drunk state i decided to do some with him. The next day i felt weird but i figured i was just comin down from the coke/alcohol so i brushed it off.... the next day the anxiety and dreamy state started up.... i started to get worried.... i just tried to sleep it off..... It has been a week now since ive done it and im experiencing anxiety, and my vision is like in a dreamy state, im not feeling normal, my thoughts are clouded, i dont want to talk to my friends, just everything i look at is almost unfamiliar in a sense... its weird... im just getting scared that this feeling wont go away and ill have to live like this for the rest of my life.... i keep thinking that in my head and its freaking me out.... for one stupid night and decision im gonna be screwed up for life..... i remember i had this feeling once before from smoking weed but it went away completely..... but its been a week now and i still feel like this..... i feel so helpless... i went to the doctor today and told him everything and he gave me some lorazapam a mild anti axiety.... he said it will go away on its own.... but it feels like its here to stay for some reason, its so intense and it feels like im a walking dream.... he also told me to stop researching stuff, when i mentioned depersonalization he said stop googleing your symptoms just take these and see me in a week and tell me how u feel....

My question to you guys is has anyone experienced the same situation?? did it go away?? i cant amagine having to live like this i feel absolutely terrible and scared. If this is what im gonna be like forever my quality of life is gonna be really bad.....

Im glad i found this fourm and hope that someone could give me some answers in regards to my situation.... thank you!!

Nathan

i know you posted this a while ago, but yeah, i've had this.. I smoked some weed laced with coke, and i hated it, still haven't felt normal since that day and its been about a year now.. but about a month after i did it, I started feeling extremely weird, got scared, which resulted in a panic attack, when to the hospital, got some tests ran, they couldn't find what was wrong with me, gave me some ativan, went home, went to sleep and had depersonalization for a week. I also thought it was gonna stay like that for the rest of my life and looked stuff up on the internet, and from doing so, I thought i had a brain tumor.. I couldnt sleep at all, could hardly eat and didn't feel like my "normal self" my mind was foggy and it was just awful.. I saw that some people had said they had it for up to 9 months or even longer and I just knew i couldn't stand it for that long.. One night I actually got some sleep, woke up, had an appetite, got some fruity pebble cereal, then started feeling a little better. Then I just returned to my normal life and I guess its gone.. I still haven't felt the same as i DID, but i don't necessarily feel bad. In a weird way, I'm glad that it happened, because it changed me for the better. I used to just look at peoples situations and be like, oh that sucks for them.. Now I actually think, that could be me in that situation, and I feel for them. It has also made me a better individual in my opinion.. Hope you feel better by now man

Hey, another late post.
I have had depersonalization/derealization for almost two years now, 24/7, after smoking some weed.
I'm quite sure it wasn't laced, because I did it with regular pot heads and everyone felt normal.
I used to smoke pot all the time before then, I still don't know why it happened.
My advice would be to try and accept it (It sounds impossible, right?). I've FINALLY began to accept it, just about a week or so ago.
I can't say that I am going towards reality, but I am definitely a little more positive than I was before and I often forget about the dreamy, foggy feelings.
Also, If you get rid of the anxiety, your depersonalization should somewhat start to decrease.
It is the third most common mental presentation (though there has not been a 'cure' yet) and will see only by anxiety and depression.

the vision-based behavioral and cognitive therapy and hypnosis, have been successful. And there are a number of strategies and techniques, such as attention, you can rely on your own.

I hope that you are better now, or that you are improving.
Remember that this is your brain protection yourself from all of the stress and possibly trauma you've felt in your life. It could all be coming back, and your brain is trying to protect itself. I'm only 16, so I have no idea how or why.

Sorry, ANOTHER thing!
Stay away from drugs and alcohol.
I have failed to do so, but I've heard from other people with the same thing that it helps a lot, and could possible be a cure.
I recommend
It has been extremely helpful in this long process.
it is an amazing forum with plenty of support, people who are going through the same thing.

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

ive been through it, 2 years ago i smoked ice with my friends, i used to do it all the time with them, don't know why but i just did.
so this one time i did it, i was stuck in my house for 2 weeks feeling the exact same way you explained.

If you really want it to go away, you need to think positive. be strong. go to the gym, it will get your endorphines running, eat well, think well, go get massages, and acupuncture... you CAN get over it. you just need to believe it. :-)

you'll be fine.

Hey.

I know this is late but I couldn't help replying.

I want to assure you that its completely normal what your going through. I did ecstasy once and i went through the exact same you went through like what you wrote was basically you writing about what i went through. it took me a few months to get past it but Dont worry the most important thing is to not read stuff from the internet cause believe me it just kicks in your adrenalin and you get anxiety/ panic attacks as I did. the problem is your brain is freaking wired like you keep thinking "oh my god iv screwed up my life, im never going to be the same" the best thing is to have a regular hobby/ activity to do all the time that will keep your mind off it but i want to tell you its not easy it will take time and patience but the most important thing is to not freak out cause it will make it worse. I thought i was going to die but it was fine. the thing is it wont go away over night. first it will not be on your mind as much and as time goes by you will think of it every once in a while and be like whatever and it will dissapear. just know your limits next time not everyone is the same cause we all think in different ways. You just have to have faith you will be okay because other people have gone through it. if you ever feel like talking or asking me any questions on how I overcame it just email me and I will be happy to help you out.

Brad15- Continued:

Since yesterday I am feeling a lot better (again bodily vs. mentally) and I know I will get through this as I am seeing very slow results.  But I'm starting to believe that my symptoms are mainly on my eyes/vision than a  depersonalization disorder. This is because SOMETIMES (not all the time) I feel like I am living out-of-my-body-- it is just in and out.  I don't feel as disconnected from my hobbies/social life/family/daily activities as days before, but I do feel like they are not up to par.

My vision just feels hazy and everything around me feels as if I am disoriented (not on my feet).  I suppose lightheaded-ness, dizziness, slow vision reaction when turning head, sometimes eyes unfocus when making fast movements can fall under my condition.  I am experiencing a bit of dry eyes, but I believe that is a condition I previously had-- it is just amplified.  I feel like I am constantly looking around (constant eye movements), but I am not sure if that is me just trying to test my vision sobriety or a dysfunctional cause.  

If anyone has gone through similar experiences or know anything about it, please inform me.  I do feel like I have a problem and would like to treat it as soon as possible. I just don't know if my vision problems will resolve with time or should it be treated by a doctor.

*Note: I did it with a few friends and they are feeling perfectly fine.  Because they have experienced hard drugs before such as E and other unpure substances; and because this was my first time on any substance like this, they believe it took a harder toll on me and will probably recover longer. 

: (

So you snorted some cocaine with a half life of like 20 minutes and your still feeling it a year later..come on read up on some pharmacology...hi I'm nuts because I did some cocaine a year ago..wow this country is getting dumber by the second.

Quote:

Going gym and thinking positive are great ideas but to be brutally honest this will never leave you it is apart of you till you die. Sorry to say this but the only way to try and be back to normal is stay away from alcohol all together as when you have a few beers it will end you goin back to your old ways get coked up ect, this sounds anal but try and be as good as possible ie workout, eat healthy drink plenty of water take viterman and minerals get a good sleep patern work hard be disciplined find a good girl settle down and loose your old friends as they are they will not change and hanging around with them will lead back to your old self. Enjoy the good things in life I hope you have a good family keep thinking positively and you will be okay. Good luck

tomcruiseinvanillasky wrote:

Nathan

hey tom cruise
i have had the same thing happen to me, one night i was smoking weed with my friends, and i started anxiety pills 3 days prior to smoking weed. so anyways i took a few hits and then all of a sudden i got this horrible feeling, like i was going to die, i was sweating my whole body went numb, i was so scared!!!! i thought i was just trip pin out, but the next day i woke up and i had the same feeling come over me but i was completely sober! i was so horrified, ever since that i havnt been the same! I'm so dizzy all the time i don't feel like I'm in reality most the time. its so horrible i just want to feel normal again. how are you feeling now tho, and if so what have you done to feel better?

I know you posted this awhile agooo, but depersonalization is a f*****g b***h, basically. I gauruntee that's what you had. I went through the exact same feelings. Like precisely what yousaid. I spent a month not hanging out with my friends, quit my job, sat in my room on my computer googling depersonalization. All day every day. I developed anxiety over everything. I would be afraid to go to sleep. Which made me stay up for days at a time and in turn making depersonalization worse. DEPERSONALIZATION SUCKS. But it is all in your head. The more you worry, the worse it gets. You fuel the disorder yourself. It will absolutely go away in time. I promise. Just don't let it cripple you. Don't give it any power. You're stronger than some silly sensation with a big scary word attached to it. It's your life. Take control. Don't get antisocial. o everything you would've done before you depersonalized. Time truly heals everything. And I promise it goes away! I wish you luck, I know it's the shittiest feeling ever. I'm here for you!

I know this soundss Ruth upid but just trust me. Just say f**k.it everytime u feel it. f**k it put on some good.music and go for long walks for by yourslef. It helps so much. Dont eorry i.domt care what anyone.says.once you know your just having panic attacks you can.beat it no prob. Just stick to yourself for.now and fight it. Its only adrenaline.

tomcruiseinvanillasky wrote:

Nathan

Hey Nathan I know its been a while since you posted but I wanna know how your doing .. Hes my story
One night i decided ( worst decision of my life) to snort some coke.. i went to bed woke up the next day and got a severe panic attack had to go to the hospital to get ativan and calm down.. but nothing is the same since i feel out of it not myself a disconnected type a feeling strange / blurred vision and i am constipated all the time now... its been 4 months now annd im scared ill never be the same someone please tell me how long it took you to overcome it and what did you do .. ive had ct scan and everything the doc says im fine.. seeing a physocolgist doesnt seem to be working much though and input would help thanks!!

You should really go an educate yourself what he is experiencing is called depersonalization. Its a real thing look it up! You are the uneducated one to make a comment like this. It is not the cociane still in his system obviously it's his brain having an anxious disscotiative response from a bad drug experience.

I'm going through this now it's awful !!!!