Since insomnia and chronic insomnia issues are really frequent and because I am a part of the discussion on this site, I am talking about that with my friends as well. One of my friends has a good friend who is struggling with it and she wants to know more about this. Precisely, she wants to know what are the most effective herbs and natural remedies for treating chronic insomnia.

I know some of them, but I want to hear your opinions. That is why I wanted to post this topic to hear as much as opinions I can. 

Natural chronic insomnia treatment is usually helpful, but not totally. Combine it with doctor and his advice, and it will be cat's whisker! I agree that the green tea is good, especially L-theanine.  This amino acid comes from green tea. It does not only help to maintain a calm alertness during the day but it also can help you to have better and deeper sleep at night. But you need to keep one thing in your mind, that green tea doesn't contain enough L-theanine  and there is a huge possibility that you wake up during the night. 

So, other possibilities must be researched. 

I am glad. I can share my experience. Ever since my ex - husband abandoned me and took my kid, I am having problems with sleeping. I can't do a lot about it, not even my doctors were able to help me. But one thing really helped me to relax my body and very soon I noticed that I can sleep. Not a lot, but it is much better than before. That is definitely aromatherapy and so far I can tell you that I can't imagine my life without it. I choose Lavender, because is the trick here and it is the really helpful trick. A lot of studies have proven that it aids with sleep. It's also an inexpensive, nontoxic. I got the spray and whenever I to sleep, I spray a little bit of this on my pillow. It helps me sleep much better.

Celebrity

Yoga and meditation can help you in fighting insomnia. You should really choose gentle yoga or stretch. Don't choose some type of yoga that only can energize you instead. You should really try easy yoga stretches in bed followed by simple meditation. Also, you should do the next thing - close your eyes and, for 5 to 10 minutes. Try to breathe properly. Focus only on your breathing, nothing else. 

Also, before you go to bed, drink a cup of green tea. Green tea has all of those extracts that are calming and that can help you sleep better.

It helps me. 

I always believed that this green tea is a magical cure for almost anything. I mean, it is, but it doesn't always do the job. It can do it alone. I agree with those who are telling you that visiting your doctor and seeking for the proper therapy should be your choice. Anyway, I am not against natural and herbal remedies, on contrary, but I know from my own experiences that they can't help alone when you are diagnosed with chronic insomnia. I needed to use some pills and I was going to different therapies. When I combined those three things, my sleep was much better. Of course, I needed to change some other things in my life. So, I did.

Look, if you ask me there is nothing better than melatonin I believe. It is one of the best options and it is always helpful. It is natural and everything that occurs is naturally in your body. It's produced by a pea-sized gland in the middle of your brain called the pineal gland, so when you read this it has more sense, right?

Please, avoid sleeping pills. They do the job, but shortly. 

When it comes to melatonin, it makes you feel sleepy and less alert, Than you go to sleep. On the other hand, when the sun is up and your day begins.

This is how melatonin works. 

Hey. There are so many natural herbs that can promote good and healthy sleep. Those plants are effective and those plants include passionflower, hops, and lemon balm. My good friend was using them, but she never consulted anyone about this. When I asked her why did she ever told anything to her doctor about this, she told me that she did and that he told her that these still need to be studied to determine their safety and effectiveness. I was reading about them as well and I see that they are totally natural. So, I don't know what is the correct about this issue. I really hope that they do help and that those plants can help you as well.