I`m 42 years old and considering a laser treatment for my wrinkles (laser dermabrasion). Would like to know is this a painful procedure? How much does it cost? What are the risks of laser dermabrasion?

Hi. I was prescribed with laser dermabrasion to treat my scars. Laser dermabrasion is not painful, but some complications may occur, such as skin reddening, and emergence of darker, or lighter, skin areas and minor scars. I had no such complications and I`m very pleased with the result. It took only a week for first results to be seen, but I will have to wait for some 6 months to see the ultimate result. The prices vary, depends on what do you want to do. If you want to polish your cheeks, it will cost you $770. Polishing of forehead is $450…

Hello there gellner,

If you are thinking about it than you should consult your doctor definitely to see is this best solution for you. The process of laser dermabrasion is not painful and side effects are minimal. My aunt did this treatment and she was completely satisfied with the result. Of course you have to wait a little bit longer to see the complete effect of the treatment but you should be seeing yours in a first few days.

I hope that you will make a good decision and that in consultation with your doctor you will decide what is best for you. Keep us posted and good luck if you decide to go through the treatment procedure. 

I am almost 73 with fair skin. I have had wrinkle around my mouth for about 20 years. Some of these lines are very deep. I smoked until 20 years ago,which I think is one of the causes. My mother (age 97) has had smiler wrinkles for many years so I have also inherited my wrinkles. I have always used sunscreen and I have the appearance of a woman in her early 60's except for these wrinkles. I use Almay make up because of an allergy to other brands of makeup. I have had two treatments of fillers being put around my lips one year apart.) which helped my appearance a little, The second one caused my upper lip to protrude a little into a "duck bill" appearance, at first.Would laser wrinkle treatment help me, or create problems at my age?