"Be happy with your looks" is one of the items on my New Year's resolutions list this year. I believe I deserve some pampering, so I have come here to find out more about how to get my skin to look tighter and younger. It's possible to get tightening treatment for the face with laser, right?

Should any member here know what this is called, how well it works, and what the costs may be, then I am asking you to reply to this post. I have been using anti-age creams for at least the last 10 years and I can't say that they do not work because I do not know what my skin would have looked like without them, but I would truly like something that produces quicker results, and more dramatic ones!

Celebrity

Non-surgical skin tightening (via laser or ultrasound) may be a good choice for you if you have loose skin (which can be on your arms, belly, and legs as well as your face) that is sagging only mildly. You do require good skin elasticity for the procedure to work well, which makes it an ideal option for slightly younger people. There are so many different options on the market these days. Make no mistake, they will not offer you surgery quality improvements, but on the other hand you will not suffer any scarring, recovery time, or risks from an operation either. 

You do not mention how old you are. If you could share, we might be able to offer you more concrete suggestions.

Rosie

CO2 and erbium are the most commonly used laser resurfacing techniques. Laser resurfacing catches several skin problems in one go, but all of them will be on the surface of the skin. For instance, if you have your face treated, you could end up with:

• Fewer wrinkles
  • Reduces blemishes
  • Bye bye, pigment issues
  • By bye, scars from acne, chickenpox, or whatever else

Note that laser resurfacing may not be good if you have acne and is not good for people who are very dark skinned. Recovery takes around a week with swelling, redness and irritation to be expected in the meantime. Many people would feel better taking that time off work.

I had Refirme skin tightening done. It was supposed to be one of six treatments but I never went back for the rest. I was told that I would see effects from the first treatment, and that they would continue to become more noticeable, but that didn't happen. After three weeks I looked the way I did before. I will not have that done again, can't speak to the effects of other lasers or even how Refirme works for other people but I'd be cautious about that because I am not the only person who had similar experiences.

I am interested in skin tightening as well. After looking up reviews regarding the TITAN laser treatment, I am less sure than I was before though. Some people have had good experiences, but you do not have to look far to find people who say it did not work at all, and even that it damaged their skin. How do those good experiences weigh up against the bad ones? I am not sure and feeling really confused about it right now. I would like to see some scientific evidence that this is effective at reducing aging and sagging.

Laser treatments for tightening the skin can work, can give you some improvement, but any reputable plastic surgeon will tell you that the effects are minimal compared to a face lift or mini face lift. The weaker the laser, the less likely that you will need downtime afterwards. Also, the less likely it is to do anything at all. Fraxel does take downtime and is one of the laser skin tightening treatments that will give you the best possible results. Keep in mind it is not magic. Laser is minimal invasion and minimal results, on the whole.

I had laser wrinkle removal done two years ago. It took one treatment to get rid of most of the very deepest lines - the lines around my lips, a deep wrinkle I had between my eyebrows that made me look very severe, and wrinkles around the eyes. I went for another treatment later and it removed even more of my wrinkles. I was really chuffed with the results. I should probably get a repeat now. There was some swelling and redness the days after the treatments I do remember that. My skin more than made up for that later when I saw the full results though.