Does anyone here have any experience with any sort of acne scar removal procedures? I am hoping to get rid of mine sometime soon, and I would ideally like them gone completely, to the point that I do not need to rely on makeup to hide my scars. I do not expect it to happen overnight, but I would definitely like to know that I will be rid of my scars at the end of the procedure.

What are my options here? I know this is a very common problem so I assume other people are looking for answers as well.

You have many different options for acne scar removal. Here are some of them:

• Bleaching creams to minimize the appearance of darker scars.
  • Collagen or fat injections under the scar can really make a big difference, but the effects wear off after 6 months and then you have to have it done again.
  • Laser resurfacing. This is permanent and pricier. 
  • Dermarollers with longer needles are said to reduce severe scarring and stretch marks. Some people use them at home, but you can also have it done by an aesthetician. 
  • Chemical peels are another very good option for scar removal for some people. 

I'll let you know if I think of anything else.

Fraxel laser is one of the most effective laser treatments for scars out there, and it works on all kinds of scars, not just acne scars. You will need on average between three and six sessions of Fraxel to see the effect you want, and usually wait around two weeks between those sessions. You continue until the scar has faded to the point that you can not really see it any more, basically, in other words when you are happy with the result of your treatment.

HTH

I am currently looking into and hoping to get soft tissue fillers to plump my skin out where the acne left deep and pitted scars, and then getting laser treatment to reduce the visibility and structure of the scars. I know that, because my scars are a large level affair, it will take time, pain, and investment to be fully rid of them. I wish I had sought treatment for my acne so much sooner than I did, but we are where we are now and nobody can turn back the clock, so I am just hoping my future acne treatment will get me where I want to be!

In large part, this depends on the type of scarring you are dealing with. Cystic acne is the most severe form of acne, often leaving very deep scars. Repeated glycolic acid peels can be of great help here, gently (compared to other methods like deeper peels and dermabrasion) removing the most scarred layer of the skin. More remaining scarring will likely be left even after these peels, and collagen filler can help fill those areas in to plump your skin out and make your scarring almost invisible. It can make a huge difference.

My reasoning would be to try the least invasive thing first, and of course the cheapest LOL, and then work my way up from there. So yeah, scar removal creams sound good especially if they're available in generic form over the counter. I still have a scar on my forehead from when I was like three or so when my granddad accidentally hit me over the head with a shovel... he didn't see me. It's faded with time to the point only my mum and I can see it now (granddad's passed away unfortunately). So time does heal in some cases, and I'd give that the credit it's due if you got the patience...

I am a happy user of Clean & Clear Advantage Mark Treatment. It does a lot to fade beginning scars and dark patches from pimples so if you use it regularly there may be no need to look for the radical treatments at all. I have not had one scar develop when using this even the ones that were there before went away very nicely. Also look for Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Spot Concealer + Treatment when you have some dark spots going on, no matter your age. This will conceal spots that are recovering nicely.