Being 39, I have some crow's feet around my eyes. I came across an ad for the PaloVia skin renewing laser a while back, and it was an ad I was actually interested in for a change. I understand that the PaloVia laser penetrates the deeper layers of the skin, unlike anti-aging creams, which only target the upper layers of the skin, meaning they don't really stop wrinkles. This one is approved for use around the eyes, which of course is a more sensitive area that anyone would want to be more careful with than usual. 

I've come here to check whether there might be people who have already tried this product. Believe me, in this case I want to trust the ads. But I'd still like to hear from actual users first.

Yep, I have, and I love it. I wasn't thrilled with the idea of injecting stuff into my skin, so when I heard about this method which stimulates collagen production without any chemicals, I was immediately really interested. Using the Palovia has a little bit of a learning curve, but you'll get there soon enough. One thing you need to know is that it hurts. I am sure that doesn't surprise you any, but really, it isn't a pleasant sensation. Again, that is something you will get used to, especially as you start seeing the effects after a few treatments. By the way, I did get some redness the first few times but that subsided over time. I now have smoother skin with reduced eye wrinkles. To put it succinctly, yes, Palovia works, but expect an adjustment period and do not panic if you don't love it at first, keep at it and you will get the skin you want.

I do have one.

When you come across new skincare products, you may be tempted to think that whatever newest toy you come across will be the one miracle solution that makes your skin awesome. Know this: reality does not match your dreams of young looking, perfect, blemish-free skin. Ever. Me, I smoked for 15 years and as a result I have wrinkles around my lips that I really don't like. I got the Palovia for that reason. Yes, it is nice. I will continue using it. Is my skin the same way it was when I was 15? No, of course it isn't. As long as you go in with realistic expectations, Palovia is something that can be a nice addition to your collection.

I'm always interested in finding out about new skincare stuff, LOL. 

To be honest, I don't find the fact that QVC is selling it to be particularly trust-inspiring if you know what I'm saying. That's where my grandma goes to buy sh... I mean stuff she don't need. :D It was also featured on the Dr Oz show, another thing that defo turns me off. But OK, I went and read some reviews, and some of 'em were pretty hopeful, saying they had better skin after two weeks. Mind you, you're meant to use that thing every single day which seems a bit labour intensive. I think I'd rather use a cream or something, right? But OK, this is meant to penetrate the deeper layers of the skin and all that. Some folks say it gave 'em dry skin and even bruises. But yeah, if you're gonna spend lots a dough on stuff for the face anyway, it might as well be something you can use at home that doesn't burn your skin (unlike TCA), and not something for which you have to go to the salon all the time. Still, I'm not convinced it actually works. Not that I need it now. Maybe a few years down the line. 

It is being sold through QVC right now because it is still in its early stages. Palovia will be available in retail stores starting in January, actually. I like the idea of this a lot and am strongly thinking about buying it. The reason being, it is made for home use and does some of the things that you would otherwise only get at a spa for a fraction of the price. Because it targets the deeper skin layers, Palovia is said to encourage the renewal of collagen and to reduce wrinkles. Before it was released for sale, studied were done and they showed that 92 percent of people who use it have less wrinkles after using Palovia for a month. That sounds good enough to me!

Can anyone tell me of the PaloVia Skin Renewing Laser is even still for sale? If you go to Amazon you will see lots of reviews, a mixture of good and bad and some warnings about the return policy, but nope, there's no way to buy it there right now. Nordstrom isn't selling it either any more. There are some on Ebay but there is no way to know whether these are legitimate or knock-offs. Though this was the first FDA-approved device of its kind, there are now other options around as well. Baby Quasar is one I have heard of specifically. I can only tell you to look around before thinking PaloVia will be great for your skin because it seems the hype has been and gone already!

Nope, this one has actually been discontinued. It was the first FDA approved at-home skin renewal device and certainly paved the way for many similar products. I am currently investigating which one to get, with a particular interest in the Tripollar Stop - Radio Frequency Facial Skin Tightening Machine, Non Invasive Face Toning, Wrinkles Remover. Baby Quasar also looks interesting, but there are so many different devices and I would have no idea which one to get? If you know anything about which one would be most suitable for anti-aging treatments, I would love to hear from you.

Does anyone know why the PaloVia was discontinued? Was there any problem with this product, like side effects or something? I just looked up product recommendations instead of the PaloVia, because I am quite interested in trying a self laser treatment, but I understand that PaloVia was really the first of its kind and if there was any problem with it, then would that also not reflect badly on just about everything that came afterward? Hoping someone knowledgeable has the inside scoop on this.

Hello!

Can anyone help me? I have only just recently become aware of the existence of the Palovia skin renewing laser. Now that I am developing some more serious lines and wrinkles, I would be extremely interested in trying this for myself. I love the idea of being able to administer heavy-duty anti wrinkle treatments at home rather than depending on a cosmetologist! However, when I head over to Amazon is shows Palovia as not being available. I guess Amazon is no longer selling the Palovia skin renewing laser? So I still want it anyway. How else stocks it?

Thanks!

Yes, I can confirm that the Palovia skin renewing laser has been discontinued now. Other skin renewal lasers are still for sale though, and that include the Tria Age Defying laser that is very popular and available for around $500 depending on where you buy. Considering that Tria offers you salon-quality results at home and you just need to by the age defying laser once, that's really a very good offer. It works fast as well, if you use the Tria Age Defying laser as instructed you will see results in terms of looking younger and more radiant within two weeks. As far as I understand it is a more advanced product than the Palovia laser was.

What is up with this anti-age lasers? I know that this particular one doesn't exist any more, I mean it was discontinued, but there are others around, one made by Philips I have in mind specifically here, and the idea is appealing to me as well. Do they really work to reduce wrinkles, and avoid the need for such things as dermal fillers, chemical peels, or microdermabrasion? If so, I want in on this trend. Someone please tell me which laser to get and which one is best plus best value for money.

Thanks!

The Tria Age Defying Laser does work. Within weeks of daily use (there are several settings and they each take varying amounts of time up to 10 minutes, which just about anyone has time for), you can expect to see improvements in wrinkles, age spots, and overall skin texture. Fraxel is the toy of celebrities who have time for professional treatments. For the rest of us, there is Tria. I see it this way. This kind of home laser is worth investing in because it saves you on cosmetic treatments you would otherwise be tempted to get in the long run.

So this one doesn't exist any more and I don't want to spend tons of money on something that might not even work in the first place, but if you dig around the web some, you'll see that there are some skin renewing laser systems on offer from China for much cheaper. Does anyone have any experience with those? Is it a bad idea to order skin renewal lasers from China, totally unknown brands? Or should I go ahead and try? Are there any risks involved?

Thanks in advance :)!

I have the Palovia and I love it! It does work wonders on the fine wrinkles. It’s a treatment I use once in a great while once or twice a month if I feel the need. At the beginning I used it for a certain amount of time 4-5 days every other day just due to the redness it created. It definitely was worth the money. I still do the chemical peels and had a few microdermabrasion’s just to keep my skin as fresh as I can especially after a sunny vacation or lots of outdoor exposure. I have not checked into the newer lasers just because I have had my Palovia for about 6 years and still use it and it works like a charm it was well worth the money!